35,000 Points on my Barclay's card??

mimicsr

you can use them to pay for your S&S card but you do it once you get back. Charge your S&S card to your barclay card and when you get home go online to redee and they'll credit your account. Its a $100 for 10,000 points. We did this last year. We had 20,000 to redeem so it worked out well.

I agree ,That is the best way ..

I agree ' date='That is the best way ..[/quote']

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what makes that process the "best way"?

Is it because you'll get double points for the S&S charges during the cruise?

We are considering redeeming enough points for about $800 of obc for our upcoming cruise in November, but is the suggestion to just charge the S&S charges to the Barclay card, get double points, then redeem the $800 of points to pay the card after the cruise?

Thanks.

Not trying to be a smart a$$, but what makes that process the "best way"?

Is it because you'll get double points for the S&S charges during the cruise?

We are considering redeeming enough points for about $800 of obc for our upcoming cruise in November, but is the suggestion to just charge the S&S charges to the Barclay card, get double points, then redeem the $800 of points to pay the card after the cruise?

Thanks.

That process is the "best way" because that process gives you more points and therefore more money back using those points for the same amount of dollars spent.

Yes.

Yes.

I have the card for 5 years now. I love the new way to redeem points. I paid half of my cruise off with points and paid for my Cabana on Half Moon Cay. Last year I had $500 onboard credits for my cruise.

It is the only credit card I pay in full cause the interest is high but I love the cruising benefits.

Originally Posted by KroozFoolz viewpost.gif

I believe you have up to 180 days (~ 6 months) after an eligible purchase is charged to the card to apply points toward that purchase for statement credit.

Good morning to all from KY…

OK, fellow cruisers I need a little bit of help here as I am relatively new to both this website and the Barclay credit card. I have this card (got it while aboard my first cruise last year) and used it a recently to book my second cruise on the Glory for this coming January. Could someone please be so kind as to define the aforementioned post by KroozFollz??? I just want to ensure that I don’t screw-up by not meeting a timeline for submission of my points/etc/etc. My request for information may appear obvious to some, but I pretty new to the cruising scene so please understand. Thanks in advance for an anticipated reply.

A personal example:

On 3/13/12, I made a deposit for a Carnival cruise. As of today, I have 4 days left to apply Funpoints for a statement credit toward that transaction.

On 8/09/12, I made my final payment for that Carnival cruise. As of today, I have 153 days left to apply Funpoints for a statement credit toward that transaction.

I plan to use my Carnival Mastercard to pay for my sail and sign account on that cruise in November. When I return, I will have 180 days from when that charge hits to apply funpoints for a statement credit toward that transaction.

If I don't redeem points towards these eligible purchases within the 180 days of the date the transactions were posted to my account, these eligible transactions "fall off" the list of my eligible transactions and I can no longer redeem points for statement credit toward these purchases. I will still have all my Funpoints to use (provided they have been earned within the past five years), but until I make another eligible purchase, I won't have any transactions to redeem the points against for statement credit.

Hope that helps.

Archived