Which port to snorkel at ????

widehunters3

We will be cruising on the Adventure of the Seas Feb 10, 2013. This is our first cruise to the Southern Caribbean area. The ship stops at St. Croix, Philipsburg St Marten, St. Johns Antigua, Castries St Lucia and Bridgetown Barbados.

We would like to snorkel but can someone help to advise which area would be the best to book an excursion. We have snorkeled in Hawaii and Nassau and look forward to do this while in the Caribbean.

I appreciate everyones help, Cruise Critic has been a very helpful tool for year!!

Thank you!

St Croix - go to Cane Bay for shore snorkeling or take an excursion to Buck Island.

St. Martin - not very good for snorkeling.

Antigua - take one of the tours offered by Adventure Antigua, don't know of any good shore snorkeling. http://www.adventureantigua.com The Eco Tour will take you to Cades Reef, Extreme will take you to Stingray City and the Pillars Of Hurcules, and on the sailboat you'll do a drift snorkel at a reef and then some closer to shore time.

St Lucia - I recommend a day package at Ti Kaye from Island Divers. The beach is Anse Cochon and has some the best snorkeling we've ever found.

Barbados - Any of the smaller catamarans like Silver Moon , Calabaza, etc will take you to swim with the turtles and to a reef or wreck for snorkeling. From shore I'd go the Folkstone Park. More info can be found on the Barbados POC board.

I'd agree with snorkeling St Croix and Buck Island. We had turtles there.

We spent a week at Hotel on the Cay, and I don't really remember many island attractions other than a couple forts, the Cruzan Rum Factory and the Beer Drinking Pig.

Snorkel here and then do tours on the other islands where there is lots to see.

gary

Archived