If you cant find a fare in fare viewer is it sold out

sbnuggie

Howdy,

Was doing the weekly routine of price checking our cove balcony on the dream on the Fare Viewer for our upcoming cruise next year (we booked early saver) and noted that category 7C doesn't show any longer.

I'm assuming that means all of the cabins are sold out and I suppose our chances of getting a rate reduction is over with as well. Sure glad we booked early.

Thanks

Yup....either that or a glitch. What's your sail date?

I was wrong...just checked on another site....it's still available but not for ES. Is there a sale going on right now? Says it's ok to book Past Guest, Military and Fun Select. I'm thinking it's a glitch. I went throught the motions of trying to book via ES - not avail. Then by Fun Select and it let me and lots avail. Check later today or tomorrow.

Cove balconies are already great value, popular, and limited in number. I would not expect a rate reduction.

Sold out? Maybe, maybe not. There are always cancellations and people upgrading. Still worthwhile checking and your odds are probably better than Powerball - unless you used some of your Powerball winnings to purchase the cruise. :p

Cove balconies are already great value, popular, and limited in number. I would not expect a rate reduction.

Sold out? Maybe, maybe not. There are always cancellations and people upgrading. Still worthwhile checking and your odds are probably better than Powerball - unless you used some of your Powerball winnings to purchase the cruise. :p

I too thought no reduction weeks at a time meant sold out. Mine was not a cove but a PT, but after a LONG time, a reduction showed up yesterday, saved $30 pp:)

Change the number of passengers traveling. Sometimes, double cabins may be sold out, but there may still be plenty of triple and quadruple cabins that don't show up when you're only trying to book two people in one cabin.

If that's the case, you may still have a chance at a price reduction if, closer to sail date, there are still many of those still available.

6 months out I was seeing no fare available--3 months out it was back but much higher than I paid 2 months out gone again then back for a week and now month out gone again. Not sure there is rhyme or reason!! Then again after I booked I did a mock booking on a travel site and my cabin was available even though I had booked it 6 months prior!!

Archived