Sonny Binns Tour Bus?

smarks

Absolutely!

Thank you so much for getting back to us on Sonny's Tour Bus. Glad to hear it was comfortable. We have asked to be taken to Eagle Beach after the tour and he said no problem. We have 28 in our group and I am expecting to have a ball. Thanks again for your post.

Sandra

Based on the comments here, we decided we wanted to tour Aruba with Sonny. So we emailed him and he was very prompt with his response, giving us all the information we needed. When our cruise ship arrived at the port, he was very easy to find in the terminal. His mini bus (which he specially ordered from Japan!) was very comfortable. We were told that the tour would last three hours, but it ended up being closer to four hours - a great bargain for the cost of $30 per person! There were 18 people on our tour. At the conclusion, some wanted to go to a beach, some wanted to go shopping, and the rest wanted to return to the cruise ship; Sonny accommodated everyone. As others have said, the tour was extensive and Sonny is both informative and witty. We would highly recommend him.

We were referred to Sonny by Bully because Bully was already booked for the day we are going (October 2). We are at port in afternoon so just wanted a ride to Boco Catalina beach for snorkeling and back. Have a group of 18. Will be $10 per person round trip. May have him do a bit of a tour after the beach; sounds like he does a great job. Since we are an afternoon port, we have to go to the beach first.

Definitely encouraged after reading these posts!

Sad news about Sonny Binns….

We wee left on the beach last week. We were promised a ride to the beach and to be picked up 3 hours later but on one came back for us !!

I had asked for his phone number before he left us with someone else that drove us there. But the number did not work when we tried after no one showed to pick us up..We waited 3 1/2 hours.

Last March we booked a tour which was wonderful but don't do a drop off because he may not show up to get you..

We got lucky and an amazing couple with a small child offered to drive us to the port. They drove us right to the ship…

Beware…

:(:(:(:(:(

We wee left on the beach last week. We were promised a ride to the beach and to be picked up 3 hours later but on one came back for us !!

I had asked for his phone number before he left us with someone else that drove us there. But the number did not work when we tried after no one showed to pick us up..We waited 3 1/2 hours.

Why would you wait 3.5 hrs if his number did not work:confused:

Could you not ask someone for a taxi phone Number

If you had a set time & they did not show within 30 min after the time I would get my self back to the ship some how

Did you contact him after your returned home?

He dropped us off at the beach at 11 Am and said we would be picked up in 3 hours. We were waiting for a half hour past 3 hours and when no body picked up we arranged for another mode of transportation from another couple who noticing us waiting.

The sad news is he is not reliable...

Highlight of our Cruise!!! We just got off the Carnival Valor and used Sonny Binns Tour for an Island Tour. He was the highlight of our cruise!! He picked us up at the port in 2 beautiful buses (we had 38 people) and we toured the island of Aruba for 4 hours ($30.00). Best $30 I've ever spent! Sonny was so informative, funny and you could tell he absolutely LOVES what he does! The tour brought us to the Light House, The Alto Vista Chapel, Baby Bridge and beautiful beaches. He even dropped some of us off at the beach and took the reaminder back to the ship. He was back on-time to bring us back to the ship. He always had a smile on his face and is a TRUE Aruban Ambassador!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

He does not have a website (working on it) but can be reached via email: binns.tours@yahoo.com or 297-568-2028

I would HIGHLY recommend Sonny!!!!

****We want to book him for wed, January 30, but he needs more people to fill bus....Email him if interested!!!!

****We want to book him for wed, January 30, but he needs more people to fill bus....Email him if interested!!!!

Go to the ROLL CALL area

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

..look for the cruise line you are on then the Ship then look for the sailing you are on & post there for others to share or see if others have a tour already with him

Does Sonny only do large groups? Does he sometimes combine several smaller groups to fill the bus?

I am wondering about the GreytRacer name. Are you a greyhound fan?

Yes, I am a greyhound fan. :-). My avatar pic is a drawing of our first 2 greyhounds, LoneStar and Ghost. They're both gone now, but we have 2 new pups, Toes who is 5 and Lee who is 11 (new to us pups). Greyhounds are the best! Do you have any?

We were left on the beach last week. We were promised a ride to the beach and to be picked up 3 hours later but on one came back for us !!

Last March we booked a tour which was wonderful but don't do a drop off because he may not show up to get you..

We got lucky and an amazing couple with a small child offered to drive us to the port. They drove us right to the ship…

Beware…

This was original message. My point was just stay on a normal tour. We had a great tour that we were on a year ago with Sonny. This year we chose a beach drop off. He did reply to my email when we returned and he wrote back to me as follows:

Hi Debbie,

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused. I had given you my phone number and thought you would call me when you were done at the beach, so that my brother , who was suppose to drop some people off on that side would pick you up when you were ready. I am so sorry you had to wait in vain. That's not the way I treat my guests, especially the repeat ones. I apologize once more to you and your husband. If you ever come back to Aruba, please don't hesitate to contact me. This won't happen again. A happy new year to you and your loved ones.

Regards,

Sonny

Sonny binn's tour - aruba I found the name Sonny Binn's here on CC and people were very satisfied with his tour.

He does not have a website but I liked the look of his tour.

I have tried to book for Tuesday 29th January and here is the reply I got from him.

Hi Lorraine,

I have a bus that carries 25 passengers, so I normally do tours with minimum 6 people. I can book you tentatively hoping that there will be more requests as date approaches. The places of interest on the itinerary are the Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Natural Bridge and the Rock Formations. There will be other photo stops along the way, including the beautiful coastline. The tour is 3 hours long and the cost is US$30.00 per person. I do not have a website as yet.

Thank you,

Sonny

So if anyone would like to join us please contact Sonny directly.

Sonny binn's tour - aruba I found the name Sonny Binn's here on CC and people were very satisfied with his tour.

So if anyone would like to join us please contact Sonny directly.

I would post on your ROLL CALL for your cruise

There you will find others that may be willing to share a tour

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=818

You could even organize the list & let him know ..you pay when you do the tour

We got 24 people by posting on the Roll call for our cruise

Enjoy

Lyn

Archived