Grand Turk

southernfocus

I do the omelet station for breakfast. I prefer that to the MDR, which is just way too slow, especially when I want to get out and explore the ports or have an excursion.

MDR is open every day on Carnival for breakfast. Pretty sure it is only open for lunch on sea days, but I don't eat lunch in the MDR, either. I usually have a deli sandwich or room service for lunch.

Don't know what cruiseline or ship you're on.

Carnival doesn't offer hot items on their breakfast room service menu, but it is nice to put that little card out on your door the night before and be able to eat breakfast in the morning when you're getting ready to go ashore.

Do note that if you want coffee (or tea), you have to request it for however many people you have or you'll get one small caraf and one cup!

If you order cereal, you have to also order milk (and sugar if desired).

I sometimes order double orders just to be sure I get something of everything I want.

Usually, room service is pretty good, but I've had occasions where they only brought about half of what was ordered. Actually, it was on my HAL Hawaii cruise that they did that. And we ordered both regular and decaf, but when it came, there was nothing to differentiate the two! LOL. Ended up dashing up to the Lido anyway.

In other words, it can be hit-or-miss! I'm an early-bird and usually will have been up, had my first cup of tea and a croissant before my travel companion(s) are even awake, and then have my "real" breakfast when they're ready.

I really do love the made-to-order omelets in the Lido. They're about double the size of the ones you get in the MDR.

We also have a short day in GT this time. It's nice to be able to do an excursion, go back to the ship and change and have lunch, and head back out. Very convenient since the prices at Margaritaville are ridiculously high for extremely mediocre food.

Sorry. Sailing on the Carnival Valor on Sept. 29.

Will probably order room service that morning. I think it will be easier.

it will take forever as a lot of people will be doing the same thing.

if you go the route of room service- put the hang tag out the night before with a requested time.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService_break.htm

Archived