Upgrade question on Paradise

EZcruiserfamily

We booked an Oceanview cabin on Riviera deck, mid, close to forward elevators. Selected this so MIL wouldn't walk far from elevator to cabin (hip replacement over a yr ago) and also these are the elevators (I think) that take us to camp carnival. Oh yeah and trying to avoid possible seasickness.

Upssell fairy is offering an aft Oceanview on a higher deck (choice of Empress 190 or Upper 190) for $30. These are closest to aft elevators.

I think we will pass because this would be a further walk to the kids club, but MIL probably wouldn't be the one dropping/picking up so maybe this shouldn't be a factor.

Am I over analyzing this? Any experienced cruisers have suggestions or comments on navigating this ship and cabin location?

Aft elevator is the most convenient to me. I do traditional dining and always get the back dining room. If you are forward it can be a pain to get to the door, two elevators, cant walk thru the kitchen.

Also aft elevator goes to the buffet area for breakfast, or whatever. Older people like to sit up in that area and hang out with each other where its a/c and quieter from my experience during the day.

I try and get near aft elevator. My sister who used to cruise with me was on a cane, so I choose convenience.

Aft elevator is the most convenient to me. I do traditional dining and always get the back dining room. If you are forward it can be a pain to get to the door, two elevators, cant walk thru the kitchen.

Also aft elevator goes to the buffet area for breakfast, or whatever. Older people like to sit up in that area and hang out with each other where its a/c and quieter from my experience during the day.

I try and get near aft elevator. My sister who used to cruise with me was on a cane, so I choose convenience.

Thank you firefly. This detail about aft elevators getting you to buffet and aft MDR is very helpful. We have early dining and who knows which MDR we will get :) My 5 yr old can run wherever she is going, MIL not so much!

middle dining room has a anytime dining and some traditional, so odds are you will get aft dining room since its all traditional.

Maybe your MIL is different than my sister. I would leave her on the ship in the buffet area and go off into the port and come back and she would have found older ladies to talk to. The buffet workers would go and fetch drinks for the older people who hang out there during the day. The pool area is noisy and hot to older people... she always found friends in the buffet during the day.. but she is very friendly

middle dining room has a anytime dining and some traditional, so odds are you will get aft dining room since its all traditional.

Maybe your MIL is different than my sister. I would leave her on the ship in the buffet area and go off into the port and come back and she would have found older ladies to talk to. The buffet workers would go and fetch drinks for the older people who hang out there during the day. The pool area is noisy and hot to older people... she always found friends in the buffet during the day.. but she is very friendly

No kidding, my MIL is like a magnet, strangers routinely give her their life stories. It's true! She is also one of the nicest people I know.

Archived