Friends booked ES, are paid in full & have to cancel...now what?

bubbles1209

Now if they call tomorrow & cancel (unexpected health reasons) will they get anything back?

After the final payment due date, standard cancellation penalties apply, so it just depends on when they cancel how much they will get back.

This link will let you know how much they will get back

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/Cancellation_Policy_12.11.pdf

If they cancel before final payment they'll lose $50 and the rest of the deposit will be a credit toward a future cruise.

This happened to us last year. We booked for four people. One ended up not going.....we canceled him before final payment. We used the $200ish (it was like $189) credit on this years cruise.

Did they purchase travel insurance?

If so they may be able to get what the penalty difference is.

6. CANCELLATION BY GUEST, REFUNDS

Reservations will be held until 30 minutes prior to departure. No refunds will be made in the event of “no shows”, unused tickets, lost tickets, interruptions, partially used tickets, cancellations received late or after the start of the cruise, or for Pack & Go program purchases. Carnival strongly recommends the purchase of trip cancellation insurance from your travel agent. Cancellation charges for individual bookings will be assessed as listed below. For cancellation charges related to group bookings, partial ship charters or full ship charters refer to your charter contract or group booking agreement for terms and conditions.

TO SEE EXACT CANCELLATION CHART CLICK LINK

http://www.carnival.com/legal/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84

All cruises purchased under

the Pack & Go program Any time after booking 100% of Total Fare

Total Fare is defined as Cruise Fare, Air Supplement, Transfer Services and Pre/Post Cruise Vacation Packages.

*The deposit is non refundable

**For Cruises to Nowhere, the cancellation charge is 25% of Total Fare.

They will lose 50% of their fare.

Probably.

I think they amended this policy so that they either lose 50% of their fare or all of their deposit, whichever is more $$$.

So, if it was a very cheap inside cabin.. it could be just all of their deposit they lose.

At least at this point they dont lose 100% if they cancel now.

Probably.

I think they amended this policy so that they either lose 50% of their fare or all of their deposit, whichever is more $$$.

So, if it was a very cheap inside cabin.. it could be just all of their deposit they lose.

At least at this point they dont lose 100% if they cancel now.

Doubt they found an inside on Dream for under $250pp

I thought it was 50%. She thinks she's gonna lose it all & she's fine with it under the circumstances. She said, & I quote " I'd rather lose the money than my honey." I wanted to tell her she would not lose it all, but because I wasn't sure how much she would get back, I am waiting until tomorrow so I can tell her straight fact. Thanks for all the help.

Archived