Royal Oceans

janine1030

Thanks for these posts! You're not alone! We're scheduled for November 24, 2012 and just learned this news when TWE informed us on Wednesday (after a follow-up email on the request. No wonder they weren't responding!). I called Royal Oceans immediately after but have not heard back from them yet.

I just finished writing an email too to cover off all the items I had already discussed with TWE. Does anyone know how smooth the transition is? Hoping we don't have to start from scratch... :(

Fingers crossed things go smoothly!

I just got off the phone with NCL. They told me I have to call The Wedding Experience get a refund and be book with Royal Oceans. Has anyone used Royal Oceans? I am so upset about this. I am getting married in 9 months!

Oh geez, what a pain. I hope you are able to make the transition w/o delay. The Good news is that you have some time to kind of sort through this.

I'm confused. Did you book your wedding with TWE, and not directly with NCL?

I'm with carnival, so they take your wedding booking and then pass you onto their wedding vendor.

I'm a little confused as well... what exactly happened?

ps- Is it Royal Ocean Events that you're working with? If so, that's who I'm having my Nassau wedding with next month. I've loved working with them so far!

When you book with NCL, you are working with the wedding experience. I had all paperwork submitted and my ceremony paid for. I then received this email.

Dear Janine,

On behalf of The Wedding Experience, we want to thank you for choosing us to coordinate your wedding. It has been a pleasure working with you!

There have been recent changes between the partnership of The Wedding Experience and NCL which means we will no longer be involved in planning your wedding. Effective immediately, NCL will coordinate and execute your wedding. You will be contacted shortly by NCL with information and assistance in planning your event.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We wish you the best in the years to come!

.... I did not hear anything from NCL so today I called them. They told me that this is still new. They told me I have to call the wedding experiance, get my money back and rebook with the new company they are using , Royal Ocean Events. I really hope the package isn't more through Royal Ocean Events.....I sent both emails and I am going to call tmo. The problem is both are only open until 6 and I commute to Manhattan everyday to teach kindergarten so its hard for me to call unless I'm the annoying person on the phone on the train!!!

This makes me upset! (and i dont mean to ipset you.) but, why should the responsibility lie with you, to pursue a refund from TWE, and then rebook with their new vendor? I really feel like NCL should handle this for you.

I think royal ocean would prob have similar costs, because I'm sure NCL's contract included their posted rates. Don't worry.

This makes me upset! (and i dont mean to ipset you.) but, why should the responsibility lie with you, to pursue a refund from TWE, and then rebook with their new vendor? I really feel like NCL should handle this for you.

I think royal ocean would prob have similar costs, because I'm sure NCL's contract included their posted rates. Don't worry.

I just got off the phone with TWE and they said all of our money has already been transferred to Royal Ocean Events. It is pretty sad that my wedding is in just over 2 months and I have to hear about all of this on a message board.

That stinks from NCL. The good news is that you are I'm good hands with Royal Ocean! I had my wedding in St. Thomas with them back in march and it was perfect. They take care of all te little details you can and can't think of. The people that wrk with you on island are amazing and I truly believe I couldn't have afforded the high quality vendors we had with royal ocean.

Your day will be fabulous, you just need to get through the rough patch NCL put you in.

hi everyone, I'm a NCL Gem bride next year on 3/4/13. I also found out by chance, but Royal got back to me pretty quickly saying they're taking care of weddings happening now and in October and then would get back to me. I haven't called NCL directly, but I'm curious to hear what they say now. I was not told to get a refund and repurchase a package, neither Wedding Aisles nor Royal said this. and frankly, that's NCL's problem, not mine. and I won't pay a penny more than I have, the price should be grandfathered (we'll see, huh?).

hoping all this is smooth, and I'm SO happy to hear people have had great experiences with Royal. phew!

crossing fingers for us all,

Rebecca

Sounds like many cruise liners are getting rid of TWE. I heard about Royal Caribbean/Royal Romance getting rid of TWE at the beginning of the year on here too.

Luckily, I spoke to my travel agent who contacted them and got an email address. The guy I emailed said everything was still booked and it had been transferred over on my behalf, which in my opinion is the right way to do it.

If they're trying to make the overall experience better, why should they get you involved to sort out the payment again??

Good luck xxx

Archived