Recent Scenic reviews?Budapest to Bucharest?

alexandra cruiser

Judy - we must have been in AMS on the same day as we finished the Basel to Amsterdam cruise on the 17th Sep on the Scenic Emerald and she was starting a cruise to Budapest on that day.

Was the captain Austrian? Our cruise had an Austrian captain and if he was the same as yours or not, he was always visible and happy to chat when he could with the passengers.

Yes, that was the same Captain. Lovely man. We talked a little about the future of the Emerald and where he might be next season, I think he said he hoped to be on the Pearl. Were you at the Doubletree waiting for an airport connection with the group of us waiting to board the Emerald? That was a long a tedious wait, next time I will just go to the ship on my own.

When I spoke with Werney, he said the Emerald was making the return trip from Budapest to Amsterdam and then was going to Cologne into drydock to be refitted for the 2013 season in France and many of the crew had no idea where they would be next season.

Yes, that was the same Captain. Lovely man. We talked a little about the future of the Emerald and where he might be next season, I think he said he hoped to be on the Pearl. Were you at the Doubletree waiting for an airport connection with the group of us waiting to board the Emerald? That was a long a tedious wait, next time I will just go to the ship on my own.

We left the ship in the morning and walked to Amsterdam Centraal and caught a fast train to Paris for a couple of days of private touring. So we missed the fun at Doubletree.

When I spoke with Werney, he said the Emerald was making the return trip from Budapest to Amsterdam and then was going to Cologne into drydock to be refitted for the 2013 season in France and many of the crew had no idea where they would be next season.

Werney was great. Loved his briefings (beeeewdiful!!!) Your info on Emerald agrees with what we heard as well. Some of the crew I talked to knew what they were doing next season which they obviously were happy about. What we did hear was that Scenic Emerald would be sailing from Amsterdam down around France, Portugal/Spain and into the Med to get to France after her refit. That would be an interesting ocean cruise for a river ship!!

We left the ship in the morning and walked to Amsterdam Centraal and caught a fast train to Paris for a couple of days of private touring. So we missed the fun at Doubletree.

Werney was great. Loved his briefings (beeeewdiful!!!) Your info on Emerald agrees with what we heard as well. Some of the crew I talked to knew what they were doing next season which they obviously were happy about. What we did hear was that Scenic Emerald would be sailing from Amsterdam down around France, Portugal/Spain and into the Med to get to France after her refit. That would be an interesting ocean cruise for a river ship!!

I understood that the Emerald was not doing this sailing on her own but rather with an ocean liner or freighter towing/transporting her from Cologne to the south of France. I am not sure how this works.

Archived