On board Avalon Tranquility

Sylve1

I am make do with German actually but good to know about the English audio guide being available. We look for those whenever we travel.

I think you have be able to read And understand Hungarian but you can check when you are there. :)

No they didn't have slow walker tours. One day they had a mini van for the people with walking difficulties. I think that was to Melk Abbey. The tours often started with a bus tour with interesting information. I tried to follow on my map to help me become orientated. As you probably know, then we might have some walking and then some time to ourselves. Didn't always have to go back with the bus but most times yes in the small towns as we were sailing again. Every time was a bit different.

In Prague we had a private guide for the morning as well doing a Segway tour. Both were fantastic. Thanks for the private guide recommendation. Even though Jana couldn't take us she recommended Zuzana who was excellent. She is Jewish and her grandparents perished during the Holocaust. Moving and interesting. She lived through the Communist regime in her younger years. What a concept!

We would like to visit the Holocaust Museum in Berlin. I think it might be called the Jewish Museum. Dont think I can visit a concentration camp. Yes I agree with you the history needs to be remembered and respected.

Today we walked over the Elizabeth Bridge and to the New York Cafe. Service and meal average but the decor amazing so worth the visit. Were too late for Parliament today so tomorrow for that one.

Do you have any contact information for Zuzana your guide in Prague...we are going on The Avalon Visionary Budapest to Prague trip next summer and have been reading your posts with great interest...thanks.

Do you have any contact information for Zuzana your guide in Prague...we are going on The Avalon Visionary Budapest to Prague trip next summer and have been reading your posts with great interest...thanks.

You are very welcome. I liked reading other people's reports too.

I am pretty sure Jana recommended her. You read so much it gets confusing sometimes. :)

Her email is zuzka.pavlovska@gmail.com

She said to call her Susan.

As others have said the private guide is so good to have for the first day you are in a new place. We did find around4 hours was enough for one day. We chose for her to show us the castle area and for us this was a very good decision. We found the Old Town area fine to explore ourselves but of course you would learn much more with a tour or guide.

In Budapest we had the city tour included with Avalon and that was quite good. We didn't feel we needed more tours. We walked everywhere. ( we did the night lights one too but many companies do this even the hop on hop off bus)

In Berlin we did a small group Segway city tour which was also fantastic.

By doing this it really orientates you for the rest of your stay. You can also ask all those logistic questions in passing like where to get money or which train to take etc. only so much research can be done at home! Enjoy your planning. We did. :)

You are very welcome. I liked reading other people's reports too.

I am pretty sure Jana recommended her. You read so much it gets confusing sometimes. :)

Her email is zuzka.pavlovska@gmail.com

She said to call her Susan.

As others have said the private guide is so good to have for the first day you are in a new place. We did find around4 hours was enough for one day. We chose for her to show us the castle area and for us this was a very good decision. We found the Old Town area fine to explore ourselves but of course you would learn much more with a tour or guide.

In Budapest we had the city tour included with Avalon and that was quite good. We didn't feel we needed more tours. We walked everywhere. ( we did the night lights one too but many companies do this even the hop on hop off bus)

In Berlin we did a small group Segway city tour which was also fantastic.

By doing this it really orientates you for the rest of your stay. You can also ask all those logistic questions in passing like where to get money or which train to take etc. only so much research can be done at home! Enjoy your planning. We did. :)

Thank you for the information. We are in the beginning stages of researching and planning and do appreciate your comments.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise too..we were very pleased with Avalon and would definitely go with them again, already talkkng about France in 2014 and we're not even home from this trip yet:-)

I've followed your blog with interest as it was very similar to ours and it was like reliving ours :-) thsnks for your posts

Archived