Airport Transfer in FLL

sjgertz

The previous time I sailed HA a red coated rep met us in the airport and put us in a cab to our hotel. Is this the standard? I ask because our hotel has a package fro $20 from airport to hotel then from hotel to port but it won't be worth it if transportation is already included from airport to hotel

Thanks

I am a little confused.

Are you saying that for $20 per person HAL will transport you from the airport to the hotel AND then from the hotel to the pier?

If that is the case -- that is a good deal. We usually pay $15 (total taxi far) to go from the airport to our hotel choice and then another $10 (total taxi fare) or so to go from the hotel to the pier. And we do tip the taxi drivers.

I can't believe that the transfer is that cheap.

No for $20 the hotel will add it to our hotel bill. But if HAL already includes the airport to hotel (as they did in Vancouver) it wouldn't be worth it.

So really my question is does HAL always transport one from the Hotel?

HAL will provide tranfers only if you purchase it from them.

It might also be included if you book a hotel/transfer package from the cruiseline.

If you are booking the hotel on your own the transfers are not included.

Taxi fares from airport to many of the hotels close to port are usually around $20 total(not per person).

Then you will need a taxi from hotel to port for another $20, so, the hotel price is quite reasonable.

No for $20 the hotel will add it to our hotel bill. But if HAL already includes the airport to hotel (as they did in Vancouver) it wouldn't be worth it.

So really my question is does HAL always transport one from the Hotel?

Maybe for Vancouver your TA included HAL transfers (that you pay for) and you didn't realize it.

IIRC in FLL the HAL transfers from airport to pier are $19 per person, and you can get a taxi for two for that price, including the tip. If you booked your hotel through HAL maybe their transfers cover both airport-to-hotel and hotel-to-ship, but I don't know if that's the case.

If you haven't already paid for a HAL transfer, it sounds to me that $20 pp the hotel package sounds like a good deal.

Archived