WW Revisited!!!

Oh how I LOVE Billy Blanks! I have several of his tae-bo dvds that I need to break out and watch. Ive been doing the gym so I havent gotten a chance to work on those but I need to again. They give you sooo much energy! :o

My second Weigh-in was this morning and I maintained. I know that is better than a gain but it still sucks! Is it ok to have a maintain after 2 weeks? I have been drinking tons of water & going to the gym regularly so Im not too too disappointed but would of still wanted to lose! :rolleyes:

My second Weigh-in was this morning and I maintained. I know that is better than a gain but it still sucks! Is it ok to have a maintain after 2 weeks? I have been drinking tons of water & going to the gym regularly so Im not too too disappointed but would of still wanted to lose! :rolleyes:

It's definitely OK to maintain in the 2nd week. It's definitely better than gaining. You'll probably see a big drop at the next WI. Good luck to you.

Everytime I've ever done WW I always stay the same on the second week. I've always thought that it's because my first week is always my biggest loss and it's probably some water loss. Then the scale is catching up on the second WI. Always have had a loss in the 3rd week and every week thereafter (if I'm OP)! :D

I did weigh-in yesterday and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. Alot of this is the water loss and due to me drinking water instead of soda.

Has anyone ever tried the WW Chocolate Cakes? I tried one for the first time this week and it was good. My sister told me that I have to eat it upside down (Icing side on bottom so that the icing hits the taste buds first) Must admit that seems to work. Anyway, the cake is only 1 point.

Thanks for everyones encouragement.

R&K, Congratulations on that big loss your first week!! That is great! EMBradley,maybe the reason you maintained is because you are building muscle and it weighs more than fat. That happens to me everytime I add any kind of strength training to my routine. Remember how much healthier you are making yourself and the next time you will have a big loss I bet!;) I also weighed in for the first official time since I rejoined and lost 3.6lbs. I was happy with it because I weigh in on Tuesdays and we had gone out to dinner after my daughters dance recital on Sunday and then I went out with a group of girls on Monday (very unusual for me!) I did really pretty well as far as what I ate and only was a little bad with on BIG Marguerita. (it was worth every calorie!:rolleyes:

Susan

I hope that is what it is so I have a good weigh-in next wednesday. I have tried those choc cakes by WW and they are pretty good (the icing is the best part!):p

Congrats on yall's weight loss this week & I hope everyone stayes OP this week!!:D

Morning everyone!

I was just reading about "staying the same"on the scale and how discouraging that can be when you KNOW you are following the program. I guess it's these ups and downs that are the challenges we face.....I know there have been times when I have worked so hard only to have the scale tell me I haven't lost anything - the first thing I think "why am I bothering, I should just go ahead and eat that Big Mac" This is when I use some positive cognitive thinking - It's hard to do but it works! I know that if I stay on program, the weight WILL come off, whether it's this week or next week, but it will.

For me, this has to be a life long committment so I'm not going to let one or two no loss or maintaining weigh in's discourage me

You are all doing terrific and good things will happen :D

I did weigh-in yesterday and lost 5.5 lbs the first week. Alot of this is the water loss and due to me drinking water instead of soda.

Has anyone ever tried the WW Chocolate Cakes? I tried one for the first time this week and it was good. My sister told me that I have to eat it upside down (Icing side on bottom so that the icing hits the taste buds first) Must admit that seems to work. Anyway, the cake is only 1 point.

Thanks for everyones encouragement.

What WW Chocolate cake are you speaking of? I've eaten the ones in the box, great icing, but it is 3 points. Is there a new one that is 1 point?? Would love that!!

I have found them at super walmart in the bakery area. Im sure they are sold at major grocery stores. They are kind of small but for 1 point what more could you ask for? They are pretty good for a chocolate fix!:p

Good morning everyone!

My weigh in at WW is tomorrow morning and I am anticipating it to be good! I'll let you know.....

You are so lucky in the USA that you have access to WAY more "diet" ready to eat foods than we do here in Canada. I have to actually cross the border and hit a U.S grocery store to purchase WW products. Years ago we could buy WW frozen foods/desserts in Canada, but not anymore.....

I am now finishing my 3rd week on WW and I feel great! So far this has been really painless, hopefully it stays that way!

Have a great weekend :D

Hi everyone - I have alot in common with some of you on this thread - I rejoined weight watchers this week - I haven't gone for at least 15 years. I am a Canadian - (grew up in Sarnia Ontario) and now I live in North Carolina. So far I have done pretty good on the flex plan and I am more positive about joining ww this time from my past times. I did well the last two times I joined. DH and I just came home from a four day cruise last weekend and will be cruising again in January 06. My weight loss goal is 100lbs and now that I have it in my thick head that I didn't put it on overnight it surely won't be lost overnight as well. My husband is very good at exercising although he does have a weight problem he is going to set up a program for me to follow and I joined the Y to swim everyday. I love the support you are giving each other and would love to join all of you in your step to success!

Welcome Mumofsons - I live in London Ontario so we are from the same neck of the woods. My mother in law lives in Raleigh NC, actually Garner, so my husband and I are down your way all the time.

Congratulations on making the first step to start a weight loss program. Good luck. These boards are full of support and a great place to share ideas.

Andrea

Good Morning everyone!

First off, welcome to mumofsons! We are very happy that you joined us and be assured that you will get LOTS of support from all of us :)

My weigh in was this morning and I lost 3.2lbs! :D I feel terrific! The best part of it all is that these past few weeks ( I am starting week 4) have flown by and I haven't felt like I am on a "diet". I have full confidence that this time I'm going the distance!

For all of us that have a significant amount of weight to lose - it may seem daunting, BUT it can be done - one week at a time!

I hope everyone else is doing well and I look forward to sharing our successes and challenges!

Welcome Mumofsons! I've got a 100+ lbs to lose too. We are in for a long journey so let's keep each other motivated OK.

Congrats CK on another great week!:D I didn't go to WI this week because I'm working today so hopefully when I go next week, I'll get my first 10% keychain.

Good luck to all you losers this week. Enjoy your weekend

Congrats ckrobyn! Thats awesome!!:D I hope I have a great week like you did since last week I maintained:rolleyes:. I dont have too much to lose *around 20 lbs* but it is still hard. I still have to be on my BEST behavior and work my bootie off!! I just hope this time it will be a lifestyle change and not a "diet":)

Hey every body.Congrats ckyrobyn on such a great week.I lost .02 .But it was a good week. I keep thinking how much better i will feel when i'm at my right weight. Congrats Embradley, just think no loss is always better then a gain.

Can you follow the ww plan (core) without actually joining? I printed out the core plan that was posted at the beginning of this thread - what are the extra points? I went to the ww on line site and it seems pretty expensive to me!... I'm trying to save for the cruise....Please, can someone just give me the guidelines to the Core program or tell me where to find a book that explains it. I work an evening shift and couldn't go to evening meetings anyway and there are no meetings during the morning that are close to my home. From the list i printed it seems like something I could follow. From reading your posts it just seems like a great way to get support for free here!!

Hello everyone. I joined WW on November 8, 2004 and have lost 41 pounds so far. I went from a 16 to a size 8. I still want to lose 8 more pounds and it has been really difficult. I am on the points plan because there are too many foods I don't want to give up. I went on a cruise last December and I managed to lose one pound to which I was thrilled. Some of the things that helped me were eating breakfast and skipping lunch. I had an english Muffin with FF cream cheese and lox and fruit every day. At dinner I had a taste of everything - used portion control. I never felt deprived and I had a couple of drinks daily. My saving grace was my increased exercise. Me almost always took the stairs and did a lot of energetic excursions. Good luck to us all in reaching our goals.:)

Welcome sierraN & obladi1!

sierraN: I hope you do well with the Core plan. That plan is probably easy to follow if you dont actually go to WW. I dont know the EXACT guidelines b/c I follow the flex plan but I do know you can eat any food that is core *until you are satisfied* and if you chose to eat a food that is not core, it comes out of your 35 points for the week. There are strictions on how many grains, starches, etc. that you can have each day, but Im not sure what they are. You might be able to just buy one at the WW meetings even if you are not a member, or someone else might know. Good Luck!:)

obladi1: That is great that you have done so well on WW!! The last couple of pounds is always the hardest to lose, but you can definitely do it! I can't believe you lost a pound throughout your cruise, I would be exstatic! Good luck with your weightloss!;)

I think last monday's reported loss of 5 pounds was an abberation! My scale this morning showed me actually gaining 1.3 pounds! Of course it's been very hot and humid here in New England and I've been drinking water like a fish. I'm not going to get discouraged by it as I'm sure it's water weight. I added weight lifting to my exercise routine this weekend too so that will eventually help in losing the fat. Today's walk in 90+ degree heat with 90 percent humidity was like being in a steam bath. I came back after an hour thoroughly drenched! LOL, I just told people I fell in the river.

Rambill, you deserve to drop a ton of pounds just for braving it out there in this heat!! I live in Massachusetts and my poor dog has been really deprived of her walks this week because of the heat and humidity! Keep drinking the water and it will flush it all out!:D

Archived