WW Revisited!!!

Gee, I haven't checked in for a while! It sure helps to read all these things. I weighed myself at the end of the week last week and had lost 4 pounds!:D I haven't been on again because it is that "water weight" bloated time of the month, and I have been of course eating the chocolate again! BUT doing better than before and actually made it to the YMCA once this week. Thanks for that "Dottie" link, I am going to go check it out now. It sounds like everyone is doing great on our little link. Just think, collectively we will be loosing hundreds of pounds!!;)

Counting the days till the chocolate buffet!!:p

Miracle August 21, 2005

Good Morning everyone!

I have a question: Does anyone find that they don't eat all of their allowed points each day? I always seem to have 4-5 points left over at the end of the day......that doesn't include the 35 points I can use throughout the week. By bed time I have eaten enough, so what happens to those extra points? Is it use it or lose it?

I hope you are all having a great day :)

When I was on the Flex program 3 years ago any left over points were banked (saved up) and you could use them anytime through the week. It worked great as some days I was hungrier than other days.

Good Morning everyone!

I have a question: Does anyone find that they don't eat all of their allowed points each day? I always seem to have 4-5 points left over at the end of the day......that doesn't include the 35 points I can use throughout the week. By bed time I have eaten enough, so what happens to those extra points? Is it use it or lose it?

I hope you are all having a great day :)

You should be very proud of yourself. :) To answer your question, if you don't use them, you lose them. On flex, your points are day to day so you don't bank them. If you plan each of your meals so that you are following the plans healthy eating guidelines by eating all the recommended foods, you'll use all you daily points I promise. It's tough in the beginning but the key to your continued success is to plan and journal - write down every single thing that goes in your mouth. And don't quit if you fall off or have a bad day. And Most importantlyl if you go to your next weigh in and you've gained don't quit. Your body is adjusting and it's going to do everything it can to hold on to the weight. Give yourself at least 2 weigh ins to see the losses.

Thanks Jean for the encouragement.

I went back to WW on Monday evening and was disheartened by the leader being unhelpful. She has come back off Maternity leave and just chatted about her own problems and what she was going to eat this week. She did not ask any of the members how they had got on. Her replacement while she was on leave had always chatted to us all, checking our progress and answering questions. In passing I mentioned that I have had a death wish with food recently and she took no notice.

To make it worse, it is a Bank Holiday next Monday, so there will not be a class.

I am trying the No-Count option which is very similar to the US Core programme. Going OK at present, but is is only 3 days!

Good morning all,

How is everyone doing today? For the Canadians posting here, there is a great website www.stellamama.com that has links with points for M&M's products etc. Great resource. Cinnamon - hope the next meeting is better or that you can find another meeting with a leader that is more supportive. Either way, don't give up. In addition to the support here, maybe there is a ww online group in the UK that you can also use for support. Ckrobyn - make sure you use all your points each day. I do recall hearing that not eating all your points can have the adverse effect - you don't drop any pounds! Maybe add a treat each day (frozen yogurt, a cookie etc). I'll ask my leader today (first official ww @ work mtg) about not using all points and post her answer later.

One bottle (16 oz / 500 ml) down, 3 to go!

Have a great day all!

Debbie

I'm on the Core Plan so I'm unable to help. I have found that I don't use anywhere near the alloted 35 points/week that I have. This is due to filling up on core foods (fruit, veggies, whole grains) throughout the day and walking for an hour at lunch, rain or shine (Lately just a lot of rain here in CT! LOL). My biggest problem is at home at night. For some reason I can go the entrie day without feeling hungry but even after a big meal at night, an hour later I feel like I'm starving! I'm trying to fight it off by not eating (even a core food) and drinking something instead (of course that means getting up at 2 am...3 am....4 am! :D). 25 years ago I lost 100 lbs and dammit, I'm going to do it again!

Thanks for th encouragement Debbie. I know that the leader who took over during the maternity leave runs her own class, but it is at a difficult time for me. I will probably try it next week as mine is closed though.

Rambill, I know what you mean about evenings. I am just the same. We have a WW product called Choc Crisp. It is a crisby bar covered in chocolate for 1 and a half points. Even on the core programme, it is my nightly 'fix' . However, last night I was on my own and some other biscuits (cookies) tempted me. Tonight was better, I have been out to an amateur production of South Pacific and am on the internet now before bed to stop me eating anything!

Cinnamon

Good morning all !

Tomorrow is the big day - first weigh in since I started the program last Saturday. Thanks to those who gave advice as to what happens with the un-used points each day. I am writing everything down and that really seems to make a big difference. For once I don't feel at all deprived and I think I will be able to stick with WW for the long haul.

I'm also not kidding myself into believing that the weight is going to come off over night - it is going to take a good 6 months and I am prepared to wait....besides, my cruise isn't until January ;)

I understand what was said about the leader that only really talked about herself - that can be annoying. If I were you, I would consider going to another location to find a leader that you are 100% comfortable with. I didn't buy into the importance of the weekly meetings until this time I joined.......I stayed the extra 45 minutes and really enjoyed listening to other members challenges and successes - it made me realize that I am not alone. Find a leader/meeting that you look forward to going to each week.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will let you know how tomorrow goes! :)

Thanks Jean for the encouragement.

I went back to WW on Monday evening and was disheartened by the leader being unhelpful. She has come back off Maternity leave and just chatted about her own problems and what she was going to eat this week. She did not ask any of the members how they had got on. Her replacement while she was on leave had always chatted to us all, checking our progress and answering questions. In passing I mentioned that I have had a death wish with food recently and she took no notice.

To make it worse, it is a Bank Holiday next Monday, so there will not be a class.

I am trying the No-Count option which is very similar to the US Core programme. Going OK at present, but is is only 3 days!

The Core program we are talking about is the no-count plan with WW. I wasn't sure if you knew that as you said something about the US Core programme>?? Just thought I'd mention it. :D

Hi everyone!

I weighed in at WW yesterday for the first time, and my loss this week was 3.6 lbs :D I feel great! Actually it was a pretty easy week, I didn't feel deprived and felt very much in control. I enjoyed the lecture and the support from my fellow members.

It feels different this time - or maybe it's me? I guess it all starts with a committment, and I've made mine. I want to have energy and look and feel good - losing weight will do that for me.

I'm looking forward to my next weigh in, and this week I plan to exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend :)

Sounds like you are off to a great start Ckrobyn! Congrats!:D I was planning on joining (for about the 100th time) tomorrow night but now my son has a playoff soccer game. There is a special going on this week and i really wanted to try to make it. Better luck next week I guess. Have a great week and don't forget to let us know how you do!! Susan

Good morning everyone. Hope you all survived the holiday weekend and enjoyed your extra day off. DH and I headed up to northern Wisconsin to visit his parents. It was a nice, relaxing weekend- with no kids! I did extremely well with my eating too which surprises me! Usually when we go to visit the in-laws, it turns into an eating vacation. Not this time. I packed alot of my own food and stuck to the plan to a T! The in-laws usually take us out to eat too and that's not always easy, but they didn't this time. DH and I did go out for lunch on Staurday after a morning of rummaging, but I just had a grilled chicken salad with the dressing on the side. I felt so in control all weekend and that was a good feeling. We go away for a week vacation starting June 11th and I was worried about how I was going to handle that... but now I know that I'll do just fine. We go stay at a resort with 4 other families for the week. Most meals are made by ourselves as we have condos w/kitchens and grills and we bring alot of our own food. We do go out to eat a few times too during the week, but I know I'll make sensible choices. Every evening though the group heads down to the resort's cafe' for icecream... I actually don't have too much of a problem passing on that though. I'll munch on a piece of fruit or something. We are very active all that week too so I'm hoping that I will actually see a good loss that week.

Summer weather is here! Time for shorts and tank tops so get serious everyone! We can do this!!! :D

Robyn- congratulations on a GREAT start! doesn't that just want to make you continue and stick to it?! Keep it up! Don't get discouraged if one week you don't see a loss... it catches up and as long as you stay with the program, you WILL lose weight! Great job... glad you feel so motivated!

Ho-hum... time to get ready for work. Seems like a Monday, but it's a short work week! :D

Be good everyone and remember to drink plenty of water today!

Jean

Sounds like you are off to a great start Ckrobyn! Congrats!:D I was planning on joining (for about the 100th time) tomorrow night but now my son has a playoff soccer game. There is a special going on this week and i really wanted to try to make it. Better luck next week I guess. Have a great week and don't forget to let us know how you do!! Susan

Susan -

Join for the 100th time! Honestly, I can't say enough about how motivated I feel about losing weight, and weight watchers. Like I said before, something is different this time....can't quite put my finger on it. For the very first time in the history of my relationship with WW, I am writing everything down and STAYING for the lecture after my weigh in. I figure if I'm going to do this, I'm doing it right.

I have realized and accepted that I will not lose the weight overnight - it didn't take one day to put it on and it won't take a day to get it off. I guess once I came to terms with that, I was willing to make a life long committment, not just to lose weight, but to better health and increased energy.

Re-join WW - put 100% effort into it and you will see results :D

Good Luck and thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

Good morning all, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Congratulations on your wieght loss ckrobyn! Ended up being a BBQ fool this weekend, grilling lobsters and smoking chicken and ribs. Had my one bad day for the week on Sunday where I drank a mess of strawberry daquiris. Still, I lost another 4.4 lbs for 11 total!! A great month! Marching in yesterday's town parade certainly helped as me and the kids had to hoof it back to the car as well - they're on WW too (they only need to lose 5 - 10 lbs). The whole weekend was spent either cooking, mowing the lawn or coaching 2 little league teams. I'm actually glad to be back at work! LOL

I've just had a lightbulb moment sitting here and I think I know why my weight loss isn't going as planning. I haven't been tracking or writing down at all what I am eatting. I know this is a very important step but up until now I figured I could remember in my head what I eat each day. Apparently this isn't working for me. I am going to start tracking tomorrow and see if this will help me. I think I will find it much harder to magically forget about the couple of cookies I slip into my mouth, if they are written down on paper staring back at me!

Andrea

Jean, I know what you mean about family vacations being tough! At my Italian family get-togethers all you hear is eat, eat! LOL I'm taking my kids to Cape Cod for the last week in June. Luckily I rented a cottage so I can cook 99 % of our meals and only go out to eat say once or twice.

I'm loving the Core Program!! I don't feel like I'm dieting at all - just eating healthier! I've got tons of energy again and I'm sleeping solid at nights. I'm sure the daily walking is really contributing to that.

Hope the eating went well for everyone this weekend. I fell--OK-- I jumped off program big time this weekend! 2 slices of cheesecake factory cheesecake and a mess of fried chicken. Forgot all about moderation. Anyway will be doubling up on the Tae Bo and Pilates and hitting the gym hard for the rest of the week and hopefully there wont be too much damage at this week's weigh in.

Have a good week everyone!!!

Well Cruzn, we all fall off the wagon at some point I guess, just get back on and things will go well. It sounds like you have a good attitude about it anyway!;) Robyn, I did rejoin weightwatchers today. My meeting got cancelled and I was able to fit it in before my son's soccer game. Gotta go read all the info and decide if I should go with the points (for the 100th time) or try the core program which is new to me. I think I will be better off with the core but need to read all the info before I make a decision. Its nice to know we can all come here for support during the week, even if we do go to the meetings.:o

Hey yall! I just joined WW *for the 3rd time at least* last wednesday and tomorrow is my weigh in! Im hoping to lose 20 pounds for my first cruise in March 06. I know I can do it because Ive done it several times before but this time I need to make it a lifestyle change! Im following the flex plan, going to the gym regularly, & drinking AT LEAST my 8 glasses of water a day!! So im HOPING tomorrow will be a loss *it better be!* Good Luck to everyone :D

Well Cruzn, we all fall off the wagon at some point I guess, just get back on and things will go well. It sounds like you have a good attitude about it anyway!;) Robyn, I did rejoin weightwatchers today. My meeting got cancelled and I was able to fit it in before my son's soccer game. Gotta go read all the info and decide if I should go with the points (for the 100th time) or try the core program which is new to me. I think I will be better off with the core but need to read all the info before I make a decision. Its nice to know we can all come here for support during the week, even if we do go to the meetings.:o

Super -

So happy to hear that you bit the bullet and re-joined WW. I know exactly how that feels.....

Now that I am back on the program, following the flex plan 100%, writing every single thing I eat in my journal - I feel success is imminent, not just for me, but for all of us! :D

Congrats on getting back on track and I wish you the best the luck!

Hey yall! I just joined WW *for the 3rd time at least* last wednesday and tomorrow is my weigh in! Im hoping to lose 20 pounds for my first cruise in March 06. I know I can do it because Ive done it several times before but this time I need to make it a lifestyle change! Im following the flex plan, going to the gym regularly, & drinking AT LEAST my 8 glasses of water a day!! So im HOPING tomorrow will be a loss *it better be!* Good Luck to everyone :D

Hi embradley,

Welcome to WW Revisited - a thread for those of us that have been on WW many times, fall off the wagon and somehow find our way back!

Your 20lbs that you want to lose before your March 2006 cruise is a very reasonable goal - and an attainable one! I think we all know that WW works and that when it fails, it's US not the program!

So glad that you joined us and I look forward to cheering you on as you move towards your goal!

Welcome :D

Thanks yall! I went in this morning for my first weigh-in and lost 2.6!! YAY! I have been writing everything down *which is unlike the other times* which I think helps me out alot. Thanks for the support and I hope everyone has a great week :D

It definitely helps to adopt a positive attitude. I'm glad you were able to rejoin. I tried core for about a week but I got bored because I didn't feel there was enough variety for me. With flex I still eat whatever I want and I'm forced to discipline myself by having to keep track of it. Have a good week

Hey Embradley, congrats on your loss! That is great! Thanks for the good wishes from you others too. I did decide to do the core program this week to see how I like it. I am paranoid though and am still writing everything down even though I don't have to:p . First day has gone ok, so one day at a time I guess! Here's to a good week for all of us!:D

Archived