Height Requirment for Watersildes???

karinvt

I am taking my kids on their first cruise next month and was wondering if anyone knows the height restrictions for the waterslides. We are going on the Fantasy and I am just hoping my four year old can get in on the fun too. He is able to ride the watersildes at the last waterpark we went too that had a 40 inch height requirement.

Thanks for the help!!

It is 42 inches. We had an issue in January...my son was exactly 42 inches and they let him go on at first but then someone measured him and said he was too little. There measurement doesn't start from the ground, it starts about 2 inches higher past the metal. Lucky for me I brought a tape measure and went back to prove he was tall enough. I had a feeling there might be an issue! Let me tell you how upset he was after they told him he couldn't go on!!! OMG!! I thought cruises were supposed to be stress free!! Do yourself a favor...pack a tape measure...it will save you alot of tears!!

Kiddie Pool / Pool / Whirlpool

Twister Waterslide / WaterWorks /Splash Park

Using the Swimming Pools

Pool Rules

· No lifeguards are on duty

· Use pool at your own risk

· Use ladders to enter and exit the pool

· Watch your step on wet surfaces

· Showers are required prior to use and recommended after use

The Following are Strictly Prohibited:

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the Kiddies Pools.

Diving or jumping in the pool. All pools are too shallow for safe diving

Alcohol and glass containers

No smoking

Horseplay – Act responsibly at all times

Using the Waterslides

Carnival’s Twister Waterslide

· Ships: DE TI VI SP PR LE MI CQ GL VA LI FD SL DR MC BR

· Guest must be 42 inches in height.

· The slide is separate from the pool.

· Ships: EL PA

· Guest must be 48 inches in height

· The slide runs into the pool; therefore, the guest must know how to swim.

Carnival’s Green Thunder Thrill Slide

· Ship: SP

Carnival WaterWorks

· Ships: IS IM FA SE FS EC

Waterslide Policies

· The minimum height of the guest is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment.

If under 13 years old, must have their parents' permission

Multiple riders are not permitted

There are no weight restrictions but guest must be able to fit through the enclosed slide

Bathing suits must be worn

Eye glasses, jewelry and accessories should be removed before using the slide

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes all Slides.

The slide is not recommended if there are any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first. No sitting, standing, or turning around on the slide in order to face forward.

Do not attempt to slow down, stop, twist or rotate your body

Exit landing area immediately after going down the slide

Follow attendant’s instructions and proceed only when instructed

Follow all rules and instructions to avoid injury to you and others

Use slide at your own risk

Alaska Cruises: The slide is not operational during the Alaska season.

Using Splash Park

Ship: SL MC BR SP

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the Splash Parks.

Lifeguards are not on duty.

Use of the Splash Park without adult supervision is prohibited.

Using the Whirlpool

The whirlpools on the aft section of the ship are for "Adults-Only" as well as those in “Serenity”. For all other whirlpools, children must be accompanied by an adult.

Whirlpool Rules

· No lifeguards on duty

· Use the whirlpool at your own risk

· Use ladders to enter and exit the whirlpool

· Water temperature varies; check before entering whirlpool

· Showers are required prior to use

· Use of the whirlpool should not exceed 15 minutes

· Leave the whirlpool immediately if you experience any adverse symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath or drowsiness

Please consult a Physician prior to using the whirlpool if ‘you are taking prescription drugs, under the care of a physician, pregnant, or have high blood pressure, a history of heart disease, diabetes or similar conditions’.

The Following are Strictly Prohibited

· Diving or jumping into the whirlpool. All whirlpools are too shallow for safe diving

· Use of the whirlpool by children without adult supervision. All children must be accompanied by an adult

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the whirlpools.

Use of the whirlpool by those who are immuno-compromised

Glass containers

Smoking and eating

Horseplay – Please act responsibly at all times

It is 42 inches. We had an issue in January...my son was exactly 42 inches and they let him go on at first but then someone measured him and said he was too little. There measurement doesn't start from the ground, it starts about 2 inches higher past the metal. Lucky for me I brought a tape measure and went back to prove he was tall enough. I had a feeling there might be an issue! Let me tell you how upset he was after they told him he couldn't go on!!! OMG!! I thought cruises were supposed to be stress free!! Do yourself a favor...pack a tape measure...it will save you alot of tears!!

Thanks, that sucks though I was hoping he could at least go on the racing slides but oh well at least now I know to just aviod that area. I just measured him and he is a hair over 40 so there is now way he will be going.

Kiddie Pool / Pool / Whirlpool

Twister Waterslide / WaterWorks /Splash Park

Using the Swimming Pools

Pool Rules

· No lifeguards are on duty

· Use pool at your own risk

· Use ladders to enter and exit the pool

· Showers are required prior to use and recommended after use

The Following are Strictly Prohibited:

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the Kiddies Pools.

Diving or jumping in the pool. All pools are too shallow for safe diving

Alcohol and glass containers

No smoking

Horseplay – Act responsibly at all times

Using the Waterslides

· Ships: DE TI VI SP PR LE MI CQ GL VA LI FD SL DR MC BR

· Ships: EL PA

· The slide runs into the pool; therefore, the guest must know how to swim.

Carnival’s Green Thunder Thrill Slide

· Ship: SP

Carnival WaterWorks

· Ships: IS IM FA SE FS EC

Waterslide Policies

· The minimum height of the guest is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment.

If under 13 years old, must have their parents' permission

Multiple riders are not permitted

There are no weight restrictions but guest must be able to fit through the enclosed slide

Bathing suits must be worn

Eye glasses, jewelry and accessories should be removed before using the slide

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes all Slides.

The slide is not recommended if there are any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first. No sitting, standing, or turning around on the slide in order to face forward.

Do not attempt to slow down, stop, twist or rotate your body

Exit landing area immediately after going down the slide

Follow attendant’s instructions and proceed only when instructed

Follow all rules and instructions to avoid injury to you and others

Use slide at your own risk

Alaska Cruises: The slide is not operational during the Alaska season.

Using Splash Park

Ship: SL MC BR SP

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the Splash Parks.

Lifeguards are not on duty.

Use of the Splash Park without adult supervision is prohibited.

Using the Whirlpool

The whirlpools on the aft section of the ship are for "Adults-Only" as well as those in “Serenity”. For all other whirlpools, children must be accompanied by an adult.

Whirlpool Rules

· No lifeguards on duty

· Use the whirlpool at your own risk

· Use ladders to enter and exit the whirlpool

· Water temperature varies; check before entering whirlpool

· Showers are required prior to use

· Use of the whirlpool should not exceed 15 minutes

· Leave the whirlpool immediately if you experience any adverse symptoms such as dizziness, shortness of breath or drowsiness

Please consult a Physician prior to using the whirlpool if ‘you are taking prescription drugs, under the care of a physician, pregnant, or have high blood pressure, a history of heart disease, diabetes or similar conditions’.

The Following are Strictly Prohibited

· Diving or jumping into the whirlpool. All whirlpools are too shallow for safe diving

· Use of the whirlpool by children without adult supervision. All children must be accompanied by an adult

· Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks. Note: This includes the whirlpools.

Use of the whirlpool by those who are immuno-compromised

Glass containers

Smoking and eating

Horseplay – Please act responsibly at all times

Thanks for the reply, I remembered reading this ahwile ago but could not remember where I found it!

Thanks, that sucks though I was hoping he could at least go on the racing slides but oh well at least now I know to just aviod that area. I just measured him and he is a hair over 40 so there is now way he will be going.

Not sure about the ship you are going on but the water works areas have dual small kiddie slides that even toddlers can go on.

Some do, some don't. Fantasy doesn't. EM

Bummer! :(

Sorry OP, my kids would be insanely sad if they couldn't use the slides. Last cruise with NCL they were really laxed and let us take DS down on our laps. He had sooo much fun. I think NCL is a lil more relaxed on the rules.

Archived