Cabanas on Castaway Cay in January?

GrandCanyon2005

I booked a Family Cabana for our Jan 6 cruise, but I am wondering if it will be worth $499/day in January. Will it be too cold to enjoy the beach ... should we just plan on bicycling throughout the day. Interestingly enough, I got one of two that were left ... Cabana 7. Thoughts?

Sorry, can't help with this one. We've only been to CC in May and October. Both those times were great (if you don't mind getting sunburned). Maybe you could do a search for weather patterns in the Bahamas for a better idea of what happens in the area.

:)

We just got back and we were in a caban 2 down from 7. If you can spend it.... do it! they are worth it..... Jan can be a bit chilly as north as the island is but it can also be 90 degrees! bit of a crap shoot. the cabana is worth the $$ if you like to have your space and a bit of pampering. If you like elbow to elbow than don't

We have been there in December (as well as in August). Our December day was chilly - no crowds on the beach, for sure. We managed to snorkel because we were determined to do so, but it was really too cold to swim comfortably. It started to rain, so after lunch we went back to the ship. I don't think a cabana is worth the money for this type of beach day - but as another poster said, maybe checking weather patterns will give you an idea of what the risk is of chilly weather.

We went in Jan this past year and it was in the 80's and sunny. Very windy though, they cancelled the fishing and wave runners but everyone was in the water and on the beach. We were in a Cabana, my husband loved it. He loved the privacy and being able to sit and eat in a quiet spot but I could take it or leave it. I dont mind the 'busy' beach ;)

If you like privacy, you'll love it. We were all the way on the end though, so ours was very private. The ones like 1 - 4 seemed to be in a busier area?? Thats just the way looked when we walked down that way.

I dont recall if 7 is in the 'lagoon' area. I really liked that part about our cabana. It was like a seperate little water spot that was not busy at all, I think us and one other family were in it all day long. You cannot swim in it because its too shallow but you can float or walk around out in it. I'll see if I can find some pictures for you.

Have a great cruise!

What's that leafy looking line toward the bottom of the picture on the left--the one that looks like it divides two bodies of water?

It is a breakwater, it

Cuts waves so makes swimming better,

Stops erriosion, as a lot of the sand on the beach came from dregging the dock.

And it has an unplanned use of stopping a lot of the rings.tubes, and beach toys lost in the water from going out to sea.

DCLCRUISE2012FANTASY091-1.jpg

1,400 more photos on my blog including lots on two Castaway Cay days.

• 2 weeks later...

We were lucky enough to get a cabana in December. It was the best family day we had on our vacation. The weather was quite nice the water was on the cold side but here is the beauty of the cabana. If its colder you still have a great view. Your own hammock. Lounge chairs with cushions. Sand toys for the kids. Roof if it rains. Shelter from the wind. Soo it might not be a swim in the water all day beach day. But it could be play in the sand (in pants and a sweatshirt if needed). Lay in the hammock reading a book. Sit with toes in the sand and a drink and just enjoy the view kind of beach day. All while enjoying free soft drinks and snacks and towels and the best for us the private feel of it. It was the first time I was able to read (actually a few chapters) because I could look up and find my children right away. You can't do that on the family beach there are just too many kids to be able to pick out your own that fast and therefore you can't take your eyes off them.

You're still the only one that can decide if it's worth it to you but that was my experience and as long as my kids are young I'm going to try for a cabana every time.

Hi everyone. Our family will be going to Castaway Cay next October. We are thinking of booking a family cabana. This is our first cruise on Disney and not really sure how and when reservations can be made for one. Can anyone tell me how early one can reserve one? I believe that the regular excursions don't open up until a few months prior to your cruise, so not sure if this includes the cabana as well. Thanks so much for any information.

Hi everyone. Our family will be going to Castaway Cay next October. We are thinking of booking a family cabana. This is our first cruise on Disney and not really sure how and when reservations can be made for one. Can anyone tell me how early one can reserve one? I believe that the regular excursions don't open up until a few months prior to your cruise, so not sure if this includes the cabana as well. Thanks so much for any information.

Reserving a Cabana is part of the shore excursion booking process. As a first time cruiser your booking window opens 75 days out from the cruise. Unless you are traveling in a Concierge suite. Then your window opens at 120 days out. Unless you are Concierge, chances are, you won't get a Cabana. There are only a very few and they go quickly.

FYI: Concierge/Platinum Castaway Club members book at 120 days out; Gold CC members - 105 days out; Silver CC members - 90 days out. Then the first time cruisers get their shot.

Reserving a Cabana is part of the shore excursion booking process. As a first time cruiser your booking window opens 75 days out from the cruise. Unless you are traveling in a Concierge suite. Then your window opens at 120 days out. Unless you are Concierge, chances are, you won't get a Cabana. There are only a very few and they go quickly.

FYI: Concierge/Platinum Castaway Club members book at 120 days out; Gold CC members - 105 days out; Silver CC members - 90 days out. Then the first time cruisers get their shot.

Thank you so very much for your reply. I really do appreciate it!!

Archived