10 Suites gone overnight

BarbaraP

I was upgraded from an AD mini to a VS 5 days before my 9-1 Alaska cruise on the Diamond.i wanted a covered balcony, so I had a do not upgrade up till a week and a half before the cruise. I read about the META upgrade on CC and had my TA change my booking to META upgrade only. Neither my TA or the Princess rep had heard of it. At that time all the suites were gone as we're the minisuites so I was shocked when I went online the Monday before my Sat cruise and saw my upgrade. I assume they needed my mini for someone with a mini qurantee. We met another couple who were upgraded fom a mini to a PH suite. This was my 6th cruise with Princess. I felt a little quilty when I saw I sign on a minisuite door congratulations on your 50 cruise. I thought they should have gotten the suite upgrade. Hopefully they were upgraded to the mini. This is our 2nd upgrade on Princess. We have never been upgraded on any other lines.

jamscckmc,

You give me hope:p were still 20 days out from our cruise!!!

I was upgraded from an AD mini to a VS 5 days before my 9-1 Alaska cruise on the Diamond.i wanted a covered balcony, so I had a do not upgrade up till a week and a half before the cruise. I read about the META upgrade on CC and had my TA change my booking to META upgrade only. Neither my TA or the Princess rep had heard of it. At that time all the suites were gone as we're the minisuites so I was shocked when I went online the Monday before my Sat cruise and saw my upgrade. I assume they needed my mini for someone with a mini qurantee. We met another couple who were upgraded fom a mini to a PH suite. This was my 6th cruise with Princess. I felt a little quilty when I saw I sign on a minisuite door congratulations on your 50 cruise. I thought they should have gotten the suite upgrade. Hopefully they were upgraded to the mini. This is our 2nd upgrade on Princess. We have never been upgraded on any other lines.

jamscckmc,

You should not feel guilty for getting upgraded... the other people may have wanted that cabin for a reason and not wanted to be moved.... many people want to stay where they are. I myself want to be upgraded if at all possible and do a happy dance when it happens! My DH just laughs at me when I do it, though. I believe in the upgrade fairy!

Archived