Port of Miami hotels

southernfocus

We stayed at a Starwood hotel by the airport when we flew in. They had a free shuttle to/from the airport and the bus stop at the airport. We then bought the express bus passes for a few dollars (I'm thinking $2.50 each day?) and the express takes you straight to South Beach. It was cheap and very easy! We then took a cab to the port on the day we were sailing and it was $24 flat fee taxi to the port from the airport. The taxi fees are all set fees on that....airport to port $24 plus tip. No need for a rental car at all, IMHO

Was it called Element and did you have to shuttle to the airport to catch a bus to the beach? Also, would you take kids (3 teens and a 9 year old) here...it looks modern and adult-ish? They have a free breakfast too. Did you have to go back to airport to get the cab to the port?

We are in town for a full day before our cruise so we wanted something on the beach.

Marco Polo Beach Resort is $112 plus tax including resort fee for the end of September.

It's up in Sunny Isles Beach which is north of Miami Beach. Works for us because we're flying into FLL, and we have a young family so we're looking to avoid the pace (and price) of South Beach.

I was just looking at reviews on a certain website (t**p a*****r dot com) and they were not very good for this place...you may want to check it out.

www.lastminutetravel.com 5 star, downtown area, $115. That is the Intercontinental. Excellent Hotel.

That is exactly how we booked that hotel last year. I love it there. I will book that hotel whenever possible. However with that said. I have only been to Miami twice and both times that is where we stayed. I am now spoiled..but it is a great location. And like the above posted if you get it from Last Minute travel it is a great deal.

When we drive from GA we stay in Fort Pierce, FL and drive the hour or so to Miami the morning of the cruise and park at the port.

Might be an option for you?

We have a room in Ft. Pierce but thought we would try to get closer. How much of a drive is it actually?

We are looking for a hotel room that isn't outrageously priced. Any suggestions?

We will be on the same sailing as you and are staying at The Comfort Inn and Suites Miami Airport. I have stayed here before while working in the area and found it clean and comfortable. If you are flying into Miami they do have transportation from airport to hotel for you. If you have a membership in choice privileges the rate right now is $68. If you don't have a choice privilege card the rate is $85. Only 13 more days!!!!! By the way this hotel is only 7 miles from the port.

Archived