Water Toys at Paradise Beach

stillcruisin'

They are in "deep end of the pool" deep water to account for those who climb to the top and jump/dive off. I recall seeing some kids with life vests on - not sure if they got them from PB or brought them. Sounds like your 12 year old will love having mom or dad enjoy the water toys with him! ;)

Life jacket rentals ARE included with the $12 wristband for the water toys. They hold your ship card when you rent them, but there is no extra charge for those with the wristband. The water is not terribly deep, but probably still too deep for your son. I'm 5'5", and I just barely couldn't touch the bottom around the water toys. I could touch the bottom over at the water trampolines. I could also touch off the end of the pier, where tons and tons of fish tend to congregate. Great snorkeling spot that many people don't know about. I saw tons of fish and a few stingrays, right below and around the end of the pier. The water toys are not that difficult to get up on. If the climbing iceberg has returned (wasn't there in March), that one was tough to pull myself up on, just to get started.

The wristband for the water toys also includes use of the kayaks and whatever the thing is called, where you stand or sit on a board and row yourself. I tried both. Snorkel equipment rental is also included with the wristband, but I bring my own. Definitely go, do the water toys, get the life jacket, and have a great time! Your son will love it! btw, they're not just for kids. I'm not a kid, and neither is my mom, and we both did the water toys.

Thanks for your responses. I had envisioned a relaxing day with a book and a nice beach chair in the shade. I think I better change my vision and plan to spend some time out in the water with the kids (we're also taking a 17 year old and 15 year old ... who swim just fine.) I'm glad to know the life jackets are included ... and that the swim toys are fun for us big kids, too. :) I've been to Cozumel three times before, and we always went to Nachi Cocoom (relaxing day with a book in the shade). Since we'll have the kids with us this time, we're trying Paradise Beach. Sounds like an entirely different kind of beach day ... but still fun.

Thanks for your responses. I had envisioned a relaxing day with a book and a nice beach chair in the shade. I think I better change my vision and plan to spend some time out in the water with the kids (we're also taking a 17 year old and 15 year old ... who swim just fine.) I'm glad to know the life jackets are included ... and that the swim toys are fun for us big kids' date=' too. :) I've been to Cozumel three times before, and we always went to Nachi Cocoom (relaxing day with a book in the shade). Since we'll have the kids with us this time, we're trying Paradise Beach. Sounds like an entirely different kind of beach day ... but still fun.[/quote']

Your kids will love Paradise Beach. We visited there last month and my DS's (ages, 20, 17 and 13) had such an awesome time (of course, DH and I had a wonderful time too)!

I have written a review with lot of photos of our day at Paradise Beach. If you are interested, you can check it out here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=3

(Paradise Beach begins at post #57 and ends at post #60)

• 3 weeks later...

took my ds-7 to PB earlier this year. He could not swim at the time. We put him in life vest and then he could dog paddle. We had a blast.

Flash forward, we had a land vacation this summer. I'm dealing with the swimming issue again. We enrolled him in swim lessons and after a few private lessons, he now swims like a fish. AWESOME INVESTMENT! It made all the difference on our last vacation.

Yes of course the water is deep where the toys are. It has to be to be safe for the people playing on them.

Just know this. You can drown in 2 inches of water.

He can learn to swim or wear a life vest (or both) No shame in wearing a life vest. Once he's out to a toy, he may spend all day there. The trampolines are great and easy to climb. Some of us older, out of shape folks, may find climbing some of these toys a bit difficult. I can get up on the trampoline no problem, but those darn floating ice bergs I cannot. I don't have the upper body strength to pull my fat butt out of the water lol.

My 8 year old girls loved the water toys. There is no reason a 12 year old should not be able to do all of the water toys. The Rocket is challenging and so is the iceberg (rockwall). Some of the toys are shallow (4 feet) while others are in 15 foot of water.

I was there last week and here is a picture and some annotations I made for you.

http://i46.tinypic.com/5ml8nl.jpg

Archived