Splendour of the Seas - Eastern Med- 25th August, 2012.

hummy0605

Most nights we would go to the Schooner Bar to listen to Anselmo - we even got Emily to come most nights and then on the last night Lita and Arn joined us - sorry Arn for keeping you up but we enjoyed your company :)

SAM_0822_zpsc6844188.jpg

Chloe changed out of her prom dress because she couldn't breathe

Edited by hummy0605

Most nights we would go to the Schooner Bar to listen to Anselmo - we even got Emily to come most nights and then on the last night Lita and Arn joined us - sorry Arn for keeping you up but we enjoyed your company :)

SAM_0822_zpsc6844188.jpg

Chloe changed out of her prom dress because she couldn't breathe

After that I had been on several cruise and I know that how Chloe feel as she changed her prom dress lol...

Anyway, thank for showing the photos and what a beautiful dresses but I like your red dress oh that is so beautiful.

Do everyone wear long dress? As I am little as only 5 ft as I worn long skirt with top and I think I do that.

Corfu look so beautiful as I cannot wait to see it.

Scottishwee35

I am enjoying your review. We were just on the Spendour a couple

of weeks ago. Isn't Anselmo a great entertainer? I was hoping

you would find him.

Side note- You guys must have had a lot of luggage as you

are all decked out. Lookin' good!!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Our teddy bear towel animal - doesn't matter how old I am I get as excited as the girls - they used to go back up to their cabin and rush down to tell us what we had on our bed

SAM_0825_zpsc7a750c1.jpg

Yay! I love the towel animals too :D

When we were on P&O (first and last time!) last year we didn't get one towel animal the enture 12 night cruise :(

Great review, nice to see pics of the ship as there isn't too many around on here!

Louise

Christine, I feel like I know you and your family personally through Lita. She has told us how much she truly enjoyed meeting you and how you all became such quick and dear friends. You should consider doing the Panama Canal with us all in 2014. It goes out of San Diego (long flight for you, I know, but it's California!), ends up in Ft. Lauderdale and in between is alternating (or almost) sea days and exotic ports. What could be better? And I'd bet that she's already hit you up about it...:D

Loved the candid photo of your girls and your husband in Venice. It's perfect.

I'm jealous that we missed this trip, both for the ports and the company. I'm getting to live it through you and Lita both, though, in your reviews. Thank you for doing one!

After that I had been on several cruise and I know that how Chloe feel as she changed her prom dress lol...

Anyway, thank for showing the photos and what a beautiful dresses but I like your red dress oh that is so beautiful.

Do everyone wear long dress? As I am little as only 5 ft as I worn long skirt with top and I think I do that.

Corfu look so beautiful as I cannot wait to see it.

Scottishwee35

Not everyone wears long dresses for formal nights - its just your own preference but you won't look out of place whatever you wear :)

I am enjoying your review. We were just on the Spendour a couple

of weeks ago. Isn't Anselmo a great entertainer? I was hoping

you would find him.

Side note- You guys must have had a lot of luggage as you

are all decked out. Lookin' good!!!

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Anselmo was fantastic and we always find the Schooner bar whichever ship we go on.

Luggage was good really - we had 3 big cases between 4 of us (1 had formal wear and tuxedo), we had 3 cabin pull along cases (1 had shoes in it because I had mix and match shoes that would go with everything but Elyssa decided to take 11 pairs of shoes !!!! Needless to say she carried this case )

Everyone is always surprised at how much we get in so little :)

Christine, I feel like I know you and your family personally through Lita. She has told us how much she truly enjoyed meeting you and how you all became such quick and dear friends. You should consider doing the Panama Canal with us all in 2014. It goes out of San Diego (long flight for you, I know, but it's California!), ends up in Ft. Lauderdale and in between is alternating (or almost) sea days and exotic ports. What could be better? And I'd bet that she's already hit you up about it...:D

Loved the candid photo of your girls and your husband in Venice. It's perfect.

I'm jealous that we missed this trip, both for the ports and the company. I'm getting to live it through you and Lita both, though, in your reviews. Thank you for doing one!

Thank you for your lovely words - Lita had told us what lovely friends they had cruised with before and she was sorry we couldn't all meet but also said we would get on like a house on fire.

That is very tempting about the Panama cruise but Elyssa will be away in France for her work year from uni in 13/14 so we are going to try and spend most of our holidays over there with her so we can see her. A raincheck though? :)

loving the review Christine and also the fact you are from Wigan, i am also, but now live in Adlington near Chorley.

This is my first posting on here so very new to this. I am not new to cruising as i have been on ten cruises in total, six of these with RCI. your review is bringing back wonderful memories from my cruise out of venice in August last year with the Voyager of the seas, can't wait for you to post more. I have also been reading the review your friends have submitted of the same cruise which is also great and can't wait for them to submit more.

Hopefully i will be able to submit a review sometime in the future when i have gained more confidence, as i have just returned two weeks ago from a great week on the Adventure of the seas sailing from malaga.

Looking forward to reading more.

Diane

loving the review Christine and also the fact you are from Wigan, i am also, but now live in Adlington near Chorley.

This is my first posting on here so very new to this. I am not new to cruising as i have been on ten cruises in total, six of these with RCI. your review is bringing back wonderful memories from my cruise out of venice in August last year with the Voyager of the seas, can't wait for you to post more. I have also been reading the review your friends have submitted of the same cruise which is also great and can't wait for them to submit more.

Hopefully i will be able to submit a review sometime in the future when i have gained more confidence, as i have just returned two weeks ago from a great week on the Adventure of the seas sailing from malaga.

Diane

Such a small world - I am from Chorley originally and one of my good friends family still lives in Adlington. We are on the Adventure next March for our silver wedding cruise :)

I cannot believe it, i was born in Wigan and lived in Standish then moved to Coppull when i got married and then moved to Adlington eighteen months ago, it really is a small world. When i was on the Adventure of the seas i was talking to a couple at the crown and anchor upper tear event who where from standish i couldn't believe it.

You will love the adventure of the seas we have just had a great week. If you have any questions ask away.:)

Diane

Hi Diane

Hope you had a great time on the Adventure, we are on her for 16 nights next year and can't wait!

Louise

The original itinerary was Mykonos on Tuesday and Athens on Wednesday but because there were a few more ships tendered in Mykonos on the Tuesday RCI swapped it around. They told us as we checked in at Venice so it would give people that had independent excursions the chance to rearrange.

We had decided before leaving UK that we weren't going to get off every single day. Neil wanted to totally relax due to long hours he works during the year and this was his opportunity. Therefore Athens was a long lazy ship day and was lovely.

This picture was the Splendour coming into dock in Piraeus.

SAM_0834_zps04c0732f.jpg

An alternate view at the bar. (Looks like Neil's had a few too many already!!)The girls had the soda package which was $7.50 per day for Elyssa as she is over 18 and Chloes was $5.25 for age 17 and under. Tax is payable on top. We have always found this works out best for them. They don't use the souvenir glasses and we now have a cupboard full of clean ones at home.

Cocktail of the day is listed in the compass each day - prices are usually $6.75 + 15% tax and you get to keep the special glass. If you have it round the pool they give you a special plastic glass or you can change it to a glass one in the main bars.

SAM_0853_zpsf291eaeb.jpg

Edited by hummy0605

Wednesday was Mykonos and we anchored in the bay and were tendered in. If you wanted to get early tender tickets you went to Guest Relations but hang on a minute we were talking about my lazy lot who wouldn't get out of their beds.

We had breakfast in Windjammer and once they opened up the tenders to non ticketed we went ashore - think it was about 10.30 ish. Very very windy but Mykonos was so beautiful. My camera was never away from my face.

DSC_0280_zps0d3bd1fb.jpg