Splendour of the Seas - Eastern Med- 25th August, 2012.

hummy0605

We then went back to our apartment and had a little rest then went out for a meal. We went to Risorante "Al Sofiador" which was up near Piazzale Roma and was delicious. The girls had pizza, I had gnocci and neil had steak. Bottle of house wine, 2 cokes and it came to 70 euro.

Our flight on the Sunday was around 3pm but was delayed by half an hour. We used our 24hr vaparetto tickets at 9.30am, validated them and caught the No 2 vaparetto back round to Piazzale Roma. Even though we only arrived there about 9.50am we could still use the same tickets because we didn't change boats.

We had a coffee and bought our ATVO bus tickets from the green wooden ticket/paper stand costing 6 euro each.

The buses run every half hour and the best thing is if there are four of you, 2 get on and save seats and 2 load the luggage.

Our final pictures on the plane back home.

DSCF3228_zps97d53348.jpg

That is the end of my long review and I hope I've not bored too many people. We had a fantastic holiday, met some wonderful people and made friends for life, fell in love with Venice, explored new places and proved you can have just a good a time on a small ship as on a larger ship. If you would like to read Lita's fantastic review this is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704530

Hope I have covered most things as we used public transport, vaparettos, hire cars, taxis and our own two feet but if you want to know anything ask, I will try to answer or check out Lita's review as they did excursions every day.

Splendour of the Seas is beautiful and the Eastern Meditteranean was stunning.

Get it booked and enjoy :p

That is the end of my long review and I hope I've not bored too many people. We had a fantastic holiday, met some wonderful people and made friends for life, fell in love with Venice, explored new places and proved you can have just a good a time on a small ship as on a larger ship. If you would like to read Lita's fantastic review this is the link:

Hope I have covered most things as we used public transport, vaparettos, hire cars, taxis and our own two feet but if you want to know anything ask, I will try to answer or check out Lita's review as they did excursions every day.

Oh no it is not boring as I really enjoyed to read it and love the photos...

Of course, we booked Splendour of the Seas,for Eastern Meditteranean but different place as I think we are going to santori .

we cannot wait and thank for put photos in and lovely photos of Venice on last day...:p

I have read Lita trip report too as the photos are stunning so beautiful...

Scottishwee35

Thank you for the great review, i have really enjoyed reading it and looking at the fantastic photos, the photos clearley show what a wonderful time you all had. Looking forward to you posting more reviews in the future.

Have followed both your's and Lita's reviews and have enjoyed them enormously. We have fond memories of the Splendour as she was our 1st cruise in 2003 and we cruised her again on your itinerary in 2010, she sure looks good after your re-furb.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your memories and holiday experiences with us all here on CC.

You must have gotten some great OBC to have a 6 dollar credit at the end.. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've just spent three hours reading your review!!! Oh wow! Soooo great! I read Lita's yesterday (it's the weekend here!)

We travel on Splendour in 23 weeks time with a couple we met on our last cruise in Australia, (they're from LA, we are from Melbourne). We're doing a similar itinerary to you guys.

All the reading on Venice has completely confused me.

I'm super worried about how much it will cost to get around & stay there. It will be part of a 7 week trip around Europe.

Thanks so much for a brilliant review!!!!

Hailey

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've just spent three hours reading your review!!! Oh wow! Soooo great! I read Lita's yesterday (it's the weekend here!)

We travel on Splendour in 23 weeks time with a couple we met on our last cruise in Australia, (they're from LA, we are from Melbourne). We're doing a similar itinerary to you guys.

All the reading on Venice has completely confused me.

I'm super worried about how much it will cost to get around & stay there. It will be part of a 7 week trip around Europe.

Thanks so much for a brilliant review!!!!

Hailey

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will love the splendour - we intend to go on her again the year after next.

We were very lucky meeting Lita and her lovely family through cruise critic.

Hope you have an amazing time (small world too - we have relatives in melbourne and last visited there in 2006 - we had two weeks with family, then flew to alice springs and hired a campervan then travelled up and across to the east coast then down to brisbane, across to moreton island then a relaxing week in sydney - fantastic time)