Hand luggage allowance

pringle

Hi, we are flying "Thomas Cook" from Manchester to Barbados in November and our had luggage allowance is a total rubbish 5kg! The problem for us is the size of the hand luggage...43cm high, what is that all about!!!

I cannot find a hand luggage case that SMALL!

Anyone else had this problem?

Pringle

We bought two lightweight holdalls at the correct size stated on P & O's website last night...after paying for them, we went back into the website and found the dimensions of our allowed hand luggage has changed!!!!

We can now use the standard size of 55cm x 40cm x 20 which is totally different from the original 43cm maximum height...what's going on here, we have loads of cases that we can use but have now wasted our money on buying these extremely small cases! :confused:

Anyone want to buy two unused small holdalls ;)

Pringle

Hi Sue,

I believe the OP is flying Thomas Cook as am I. Not sure if this makes a difference?

I think it may be because we are flying Thomas Cook...their own website has also changed the sizes as well as P & O's...last week Thomas Cook had them marked at 43cm but it too is up to 55cm.

Still only 5kg for the weight limit though...no change there I'm afraid! :(

Pringle.

I think it may be because we are flying Thomas Cook...their own website has also changed the sizes as well as P & O's...last week Thomas Cook had them marked at 43cm but it too is up to 55cm.

Still only 5kg for the weight limit though...no change there I'm afraid! :(

Pringle.

I know, 5kgs seems measly. I am used to 10kgs with most long haul scheduled flights but I'm glad the size isn't silly!

I'm confused. We bought the Tripp holdalls last year to comply with the Thomas Cook hand luggage size. We were booked with Thomas Cook this year (well next Feb, actually) and then P &O changed our flights to Thompson who have a substantially smaller size allowance. I refuse to have a house full of different size bags so will have to use them and hope for the best! Anyone have any experience of Thompson and how strict they are?

We flew back from Barbados last year and were really careful not to exceed the hand baggage allowance as we had seen on here they were strict, on our last day on board we saw people with huge amounts of hand luggage and thought they would come unstuck at the airport however no one weighed anything and they got on board with backpacks small suitcases etc, when we got to the airport we went through the scanners then straight to departure lounge

It never fails to amaze me how much stuff people bring back from Barbados as hand luggage when you are SO restricted on the way out. I mean how much can you buy in the Caribbean, its not like shopping in the USA!!! I'm 99% certain that coming back will be fine but my concern is the pickey jobsworth people on the Thompson desk on the way out.

Hiya

Last 2 years we have flown back from Barbados never had my hand luggage weighed yet. Also first year we chucked all our creams/liquids away, this year we kept all our creams etc in hand luggage went through customs fine, as i was glad needed my aftersun on plain :-)

Archived