Progreso dropped from my cruise

Well... It seems that I won't be trying to figure out what to do in Progreso.

Carnival has dropped Progreso from the itinerary for my 9/10/05 cruise and replaced it (for the time being, I assume) with a Fun Day at Sea.

So, HDawson, thanks for the pics, but it looks like it was in vain... :(

• 2 weeks later...

You will really miss a lot of you can't go there! There is only one thing to do in Cozumel after dark, and plenty of people do it all day long there so they have to roll back on to the ship! We were told one guy fell in the water waiting to get back on our ship! So, staying longer in Cozumel is no advantage. Maybe Carnival will go back there after they resolve things. Hope so.

Called and registered a strong degree of displeasure with the decision to drop Progresso. The party line of the day was the great value offered by an extended stay in Cozumel (whatever- wanted Progresso- Merida).

Wasn't happy with the response and few buck rebate on port charge so asked to talk to the super. Super also followed the party line. Said to write Bob Dickinson- CEO.. Have done that. (Still don't think we're going to Progresso though)

For maximum effect I suggest writing formal business letters to Mr Dickenson; not email. Written letters are logged in and forwarded to the appropriate dept for comment or action.

• 2 months later...

I need to keep my eye on this. After all of the help on these boards...especially from hdawson, I am extremely excited to visit this port again (this time with a little more knowledge...make that a lot more:) I am on the elation on 9/4/05

Hola,

Look on the bright side, now you can book another cruise. Guys, there is a reason for everything that happens. When we didn't get to stop in Belize on our first trip there, I booked the same cruise the following year. There was no way that I could be stopped from going cavetubing. If I go back to Progreso, and I would like to, I will go to Merida and spend a day wandering around, then go back to Corona Beach and have some shrimpies.:D

Archived