why is mercury 5 stars and summit only 4.5?

asepin

celebrity's mercury is the only Premium class ship to receive 5 stars. all others are 4 (e.g., sun princess, veendam) or 4.5 stars (e.g., coral princess, volendam, celebrity's infinity, millenium and summit).

i am especially interested in what makes mercury superior to celebrity's infinity class (summit, millenium and infinity) ships.

any info you could offer would be much appreciated!

These star ratings are whose opinion?

You'd have to ask that person, I guess, to find out what the difference is. Look elsewhere on the Internet, or in cruise guidebooks and you'll see lots of different opinions.

Any site that gives ratings without backing them up with a WHY is ignored, in my eyes.

thanks for your reply.

the ratings i cite are the "professional" opinions. they are consistent through cruisecritic.com, expedia.com, orbitz.com, travelocity.com and qixo.com -- i.e., all of these award 5 stars to mercury and 4.5 to the others.

some of these cites do have reviews of the ships but nothing in the reviews speaks precisely to why mercury is 0.5 stars better than the others. so, i am still a little baffled.

Archived