Our Valor trip boarded 3 hours late follow up from last Saturday

fig414

All very different and IMHO no way verifiable.

These came from one officer, our room steward, and 2 guests.

1 - The Belize drug thing

2 - Usually there are 10 Customs agents but today there were only 3

3 - Customs does this thing every so often as to change their modus operandi

4 - My favorite which was the fuel was late arriving at the pier and Customs has to be there to inspect the refueling process.

As with any disruption from the norm you will get wildly different descriptions of any individual's experience. We were lucky because we arrived at 1130 and got into the terminal before Carnival cut off terminal access. Inside was crowded but AC'd and we waited for 2 1/2 hours to board. Although it sucked having to wait that long time at least we didn't have to wait OUTSIDE in 90 degrees and high humidity standing. At least we all could sit. If you weren't checked in you sat on the floor. An hour after we boarded and ate lunch and had a beer or 2 there was still a long line outside waiting to get sweating their behinds off if you didn't take up the offer to go to Bayside. At 130 there were still pax debarking. The stories of 1 hour waits for custom clearance makes me cringe.

This morning we self assisted at 745 and had a 2 minute wait at customs which had at least 7-8 lines. I guess every story is different. I heard people bitching big time about us getting on so late and their selfish souls not giving a hoot about the other 2000 waiting outside. Whatta ya gonna do.

If you're talking about the uber-late Valor debarkation from 9/15, I was on that itinerary and it was to the Western Caribbean. We went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay, so obviously the people you talked to about the "Belize Drug Thing" were incorrect.

There were not 3 customs agents. By the time my husband and I were able to get off the ship, there were about 6. It still definitely seemed like they were short-handed, and that's what I believe the delay was about.

Archived