Ship's time in Corfu -- Rome to Venice

bbwex

We are going on the "Accent on Italy" Rome to Venice cruise next month, and I noticed that Corfu is the only port that is in a different time zone. Can anyone who has taken the cruise tell me if they bother to change time back and forth twice in 24 hours, or do they keep the ship's time the same throughout?

While history is no guarantee of what will happen in the future, we were on the Riviera "Lands of Time" cruise in July/August and we changed our watches and clock at least four times in 15 days as we went from port to port. Getting that extra hour was pretty nice---losing it the next night?---not so much.

We did Accent on Italy in June/July and, yes, they switched an hour ahead, and then switched one hour back the next night.

It's a wonderful cruise by the way! You'll have a great time. All the ports were outstanding but Corfu and -- in particular -- Kotor were pleasant surprises.

We stopped at Corfu on our cruise in August - we did a private tour with Spiros from Corfu Taxi Tours. Well worth it and we changed the tour to suit ourselves (shared with another couple).

Yes the clocks were changed for every port including Corfu. I suppose it makes sure that you get your private tours etc on time.

That evening they put on a Greek buffet in the Terrace Restaurant and it was excellent!! Enjoy your trip, we certainly enjoyed ours.

Archived