Free Shuttle from Kauai Pier to Coconut Village Market Place?

teresastreed

Does anyone know if there is a free shuttle service from the kauai pier to the Coconut Village Market Place?

Short answer - no.

From what I have read, there are only free shuttles offered by rental car companies to their offices from the port as well as a free shuttle to Wal Mart from the port.

Outside of those choices, you can always try public transportation. Check the Kauai government website for fares and schedules.

http://www.kauai.gov/default.aspx?tabid=58

Aloha

Where is the Wal-Mart located that has the free shuttle?

Not to get snooty or anything, but if you go to the Wal Mart website and look up their locations, you'll be able to pull up a map that will show exactly where it is and how far it is from the port.

There is a free shuttle to/from the pier to the Anchor Cove Shopping Center although technically it's close enough to walk - you can see the ship from there -

http://www.to-hawaii.com/kauai/shopping/anchorcoveshoppingcenter.php

Hilo Hatties also has a free shuttle to their store in downtown Lihue.

Where the OP should be able to catch a bus to their destination. Either from one or both locations.

Aloha

There were plenty of free shuttles running to Anchor Cove and the shopping area across from Anchor Cove (not sure of the name) after 8 AM. From there you can walk to the beach in front of the Marriot without any problem.

One question - do the other ships (Rhapsody) dock in the same location as the POA? I thought that was a very convenient port due to the shuttles & the proximity of the nice beach.

There were plenty of free shuttles running to Anchor Cove and the shopping area across from Anchor Cove (not sure of the name) after 8 AM. From there you can walk to the beach in front of the Marriot without any problem.

One question - do the other ships (Rhapsody) dock in the same location as the POA? I thought that was a very convenient port due to the shuttles & the proximity of the nice beach.

Don't all the cruiseships dock in Nawiliwili?

Don't all the cruiseships dock in Nawiliwili?

I think so' date=' but just want to be sure. I read a review that said there was not much there (near the pier). It is a short shuttle ride or walk to shopping and the beach, so I still consider that nice and convenient.:)

yessilisili :D

LOL! Thanks.:D

YES! there is free Shuttle service to Coconut Market Place. We were there just last week. However, many of the shops are now closed. There is also a shuttle to Kukui Grove, a more traditional type of mall with a Starbucks and Macy's, etc. I should note that the Kukui Grove shuttle was not running the second day POA was in Kaui but the K-Mart store adjoins Kukui Grove and has very frequent shuttles.

Strawberry, how often does the free shuttle run to Coconut Village Market Place? I've booked a private kayak trip and need to get to the Coconut Village Market Place and I didn't want to rent a car. I have it booked the first day in Kauai so if there is a shuttle....I just need to know what time it runs and how often? Thanks!

On the first day in port, as I recall the first shuttle left the port around 9:30 and took almost a 1/2 hour to get to the Coconut Market Place. The Driver said shuttle would return to the Market Place in about an hour but it was back earlier. Please note that the driver announced that last shuttle from the Market Place back to the ship would be at 12:30, surprisingly early. However he said that there was a city bus that we could take back to where the ship was. The city bus stopped at the Market Place at the same location the shuttle bus did. I didn't check to see if it would take us directly back to the port or if we had to transfer or if there was a long or short walk involved or anything so can't help you on that. The company you are booking your kayaking trip with can probably find out about the Market Place's shuttle for you.

Please note that all the complimentary shuttles can be a little iffy when it comes to running at scheduled times. For instance the bus to Kukui Grove did not even run the 2nd day even though the people at the port kept assuring us it would come by in a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Archived