Spirit Spa

CruisingGiants

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little more about the spa on Norwegian Spirit. My husband and I usually spend a great deal of time in the spa when we go on cruises, but I've heard the Spirit doesn't offer a spa pass.

Does anyone have extra info about what is included facilities wise? Steam rooms, saunas, extra pools or hot tubs?

I've also read males and females might not be able to use the facilities together?

Thanks for your help and happy sailing to all :o

Edited by CruisingGiants

Hello!

The NCL Spirit was originally built for an Asian Market named the Super Star Leo and then bought by NCL. It is the only ship in it's class in the NCL fleet. There is either steam or sauna...I forget if there's both. The facilities are separate for men and woman and the woman's side is said to be larger. There is no spa pass as there are no special rooms as there are on the newer larger ships.

That said...I think the NCL Spirit is a beautiful ship with amazing decor and carpeting and I am actually sailing on it in 4 days! I will try to report back upon my return in 2 1/2 weeks!

HLR

The Spirit does have a sauna and steam room in the ladies section - along with showers.

No pass because there is no special spa/thermal lap pool jacuzzi.... like on larger ships. There are mens and womens lockers and dressing rooms off a hallway that leads to the gym. They have lockers and showers and a sauna on one end and a steamroom on the other. There is an attendant usually and fresh towels.

No co-ed sauna steam/sorry.:o

Edited by luv2cruise53

• 3 weeks later...

Just off the Spirit!

The men's "spa" area has a changing room where there is a robe in each locker. There are three showers in there and sinks. Then you go down the hall to the steam and sauna where there are an additional 2 showers. Lots of towels...nice and clean and both steam and sauna were quite hot!

The Aqua Swim pool has been covered over with a floor as an exercise room.

HLR

• 2 years later...
Is there a charge to use the steam/sauna?

Thanks

It's free.

Awe, I suppose we can make that work :) Do you happen to know anything about the aquapool? I see it in the deck plans, but not sure what it is? Just an extra pool?

The aquaswim was covered over years ago. It was a small indoor pool.