Wonderful time on the Carnival Pride Sept 16-23: Review, Pics + Comparisons to HAL

jenng1976

Thanks for the review, you're getting me so excited to leave on the Pride next month.

Also, I think it's cool you decided to take some time to visit Baltimore and Washington while you were in the area. Both great cities, lots to offer. The Library of Congress was a great choice, I think it's one of the best tours in DC (and I live here, so I've been on all the tours!). The building is full of such interesting symbolism in every piece of the architecture and has such an interesting history, it's worth it to have the guided tour so you can understand what you're seeing. Plus, the tour is free and usually so much less crowded than other tours in the area.

Thanks again for the great review!

If you ever make a trip down to D.C. again, I recommend going to the Holocaust Museum. I've chaperoned a number of field trips there, and it is very well done.

Glad to hear you had a great trip, and thank you very much for the review. Wife and I will be on the Pride again in February, so this thread helped pass the time. That ship is quickly becoming our favorite.

Great review! Thanks for taking the time.

We spent a week in DC last August and even though we did it over several days, it was still a TON of walking. That's just the DC experience :) Looks like you had better luck than we did, though, and actually got to see the Reflecting Pool. It was dug up last year and that whole area was a work site. Our view looked like this:

6268716799_bd8cec24eb.jpg

The Smithsonian museums are amazing. Hope you get a chance to go back sometime and tour those!

Enjoy your upcoming cruises, the British Isles one sounds great :D

I want to thank you for the Washington Dc idea. Girlfriend wanted to go there very badly. So we have decided to go.

I am sure you will have a great time! Sorry I didn't see your other message earlier, but I think there is a different line going to DC closer to Inner Harbour.

It was only $12/person out of BWI station, so a pretty inexpensive way to travel there, but it only runs on weekdays.

Jenn

PS ... To everyone, I haven't forgotten about the Fun Times, but work got in the way this week so I will try and get to them soon! Sorry for the delay! :)

Great review! Thanks for taking the time.

We spent a week in DC last August and even though we did it over several days, it was still a TON of walking. That's just the DC experience :) Looks like you had better luck than we did, though, and actually got to see the Reflecting Pool. It was dug up last year and that whole area was a work site. Our view looked like this:

6268716799_bd8cec24eb.jpg

The Smithsonian museums are amazing. Hope you get a chance to go back sometime and tour those!

Enjoy your upcoming cruises, the British Isles one sounds great :D

Thanks! We would like to do the Smithsonian museums, we had hoped to have time this trip but it just didn't work out.

I guess we were lucky for the Reflecting Pool, that must have been disappointing for you. :(

And yes, definitely excited for the British Isles :)

If you ever make a trip down to D.C. again, I recommend going to the Holocaust Museum. I've chaperoned a number of field trips there, and it is very well done.

Glad to hear you had a great trip, and thank you very much for the review. Wife and I will be on the Pride again in February, so this thread helped pass the time. That ship is quickly becoming our favorite.

I will add the Holocaust museum to our future list of must sees in DC. Thanks for the suggestion!

Hope you have a great time on your Feb cruise! :)

I have really enjoyed your review, and especially all the pictures! I would love to see the Fun Times whenever you get a chance. Thanks!!

I'm going to try and do the Fun Times Mon after work. Thanks for your patience!

I am sure you will have a great time! Sorry I didn't see your other message earlier, but I think there is a different line going to DC closer to Inner Harbour.

It was only $12/person out of BWI station, so a pretty inexpensive way to travel there, but it only runs on weekdays.

Jenn

PS ... To everyone, I haven't forgotten about the Fun Times, but work got in the way this week so I will try and get to them soon! Sorry for the delay! :)

Thank you. I did find that amtrak has one going on the weekends and they have one two miles away from the Marriot Waterfront Hotel. And I found a deal in Washington that we can ride the ducks as a tour. It sounded cool.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Thank You for your review. I know it was from a couple years ago but I just went back through and read the whole thing. We leave on the Pride in 2 1/2 weeks

Thanks!! That's really nice of you to say! :D

I was just 'cruising' the forums and I can't say how surprised I was to see this at the top of the board!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Jenn :)

Thanks!! That's really nice of you to say! :D

I was just 'cruising' the forums and I can't say how surprised I was to see this at the top of the board!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Jenn :)

Haha....it was an oldie but a goodie review ;) :p :) Thank You. We are doing the Half Moon Cay, Freeport, Grand Turk itinerary. But I am like you I would just as soon have more days at sea

Haha....it was an oldie but a goodie review ;) :p :) Thank You. We are doing the Half Moon Cay, Freeport, Grand Turk itinerary. But I am like you I would just as soon have more days at sea

Nice! Half Moon Cay is an island I would like to see one day. I think we picked the other itin because it was cheaper. And my husband isn't a huge beach fan! If we go again though, we would probably choose that one to mix it up.

Our next cruise on the Valor this Sept only has ONE sea day ... yikes! :eek: I'm sure going to miss my relaxing time, haha.

Jealous you're going in 2 weeks!! :p

Nice! Half Moon Cay is an island I would like to see one day. I think we picked the other itin because it was cheaper. And my husband isn't a huge beach fan! If we go again though, we would probably choose that one to mix it up.

Our next cruise on the Valor this Sept only has ONE sea day ... yikes! :eek: I'm sure going to miss my relaxing time, haha.

Jealous you're going in 2 weeks!! :p

We did the Southern Caribbean itinerary back in 2005 (I believe). We cruise then on the Carnival Destiny and I loved the stops but every day it was rush rush rush.

Yes only 2 more weeks and I haven't even started packing yet :eek: