Passion or Nachi?

CincyLucy

We went to paradise beach last year when we were in Cozumel and would like to try something differ. There will be 4 ships in port the day we are there in November so I don't want to do paradise and have it overcrowded again!

My question is, knowing the are four ships, would you pick passion island or Nachi to spend the day? We are sailing carnival so would have to book either the catamaran or twister boat to passion island but I'm worried it'll be crowded. We're looking for a more relaxing experience this time! Thanks!

I've been to both Paradise Beach and Passion Island and I can tell you that Passion Island is way different than Paradise Beach.

Last time we were in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and I wasn't really that impressed because it seemed crowded and I didn't like how the chairs were pushed so close together.

Passion Island is way less crowded, bigger much more spread out, more relaxing. My husband and I just loved it when we went there, so my family of five is going there in December and there will be 5 ships in port the day we are there.

I haven't been to Nachi, so I can't tell you about that beach. Good luck with your decision and have fun!

Thanks for the comparison with passion and paradise! Is Nachi near Paradise Beach? I wasn't overly impressed with the water it sand in that area.

If we d pick passion, should we do the twister or catamaran? It's all inclusive there, correct?

I'm not sure where Nachi is in comparison to Paradise. I didn't really like the water at Paradise either.

As far as taking the twister or catamaran, I think that's a personal preference. To me, the twister sounds like great fun, but we are taking the catamaran because my husband has had neck surgery and has had two discs fused. Yes, Passion is all inclusive.

Also, the water at Passion was beautiful when we were there. In fact, my husband and I spent most of our time in it just playing around.

• 8 months later...
I've been to both Paradise Beach and Passion Island and I can tell you that Passion Island is way different than Paradise Beach.

Last time we were in Cozumel we went to Paradise Beach and I wasn't really that impressed because it seemed crowded and I didn't like how the chairs were pushed so close together.

Passion Island is way less crowded, bigger much more spread out, more relaxing. My husband and I just loved it when we went there, so my family of five is going there in December and there will be 5 ships in port the day we are there.

I haven't been to Nachi, so I can't tell you about that beach. Good luck with your decision and have fun!

Just curious..did the beach feel crowded with 5 ships in port? Did you enjoy your day??:)

Just curious..did the beach feel crowded with 5 ships in port? Did you enjoy your day??:)

Guaranteed Nachi won't feel overcrowded with the 100 person limit.

Palapas and loungers guaranteed for everyone.

Been 4 times and only once was it at the 100 limit and it did not feel crowded at all.

The other 3 times varied from 6 people to 30 people on the property that day.

Getting ready to book Nachi for April.

7 ships in port that day, including Allure OTS, Carnival Magic and the Epic.

Definitely want our 2 spots out of 100 nailed down with well over 20,000 passengers in port that day.

Bill

We have been to PI twice, in 2002 and April of this year. We went to NC in 2008 and we are going back in August. If it is still anything like it was five years ago, it is my favorite. Neither place is real crowded but with the 100 people limitation on NC it is less crowded. In '08 there probably wasn't over 25 people there. PI has a much larger beach but the palapas and loungers are very close to the water at NC. On PI this year it seemed like every time we turned around there was someone to tip. I didn't mind tipping our guides, who were with us the whole time, and the waiters on the beach who brought the drinks and food, but the people who prepared the food, the catamaran operators and even the guy at the restroom all had jars for tips. Not all drinks are included in the all-inclusive price on PI. My wife and I don't drink, but we do like to drink non-alcoholic piña coladas and strawberry daiquiris. Those aren't included. They were included in the price at NC. I hope that is still the case. We also snorkeled at NC in '08. It was great there were only two couples with two guides. The two hours we paid for turned in to over three. One of them stayed in the water with us and took pictures of us and dove down and took pictures for us since I'm not too comfortable doing that. They are both very beautiful places with many positive features but Nachi is our favorite.

Here's a link showing the location of most of the beach clubs on Coz: http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

As you can see Nachi, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos and others are on the SW side of the island, while Passion Island is on the north end. The beach and water at PB, Mr. S and others nearby will be the same - only the facilities will differ.

Good luck! :)

Guaranteed Nachi won't feel overcrowded with the 100 person limit.

Palapas and loungers guaranteed for everyone.

Been 4 times and only once was it at the 100 limit and it did not feel crowded at all.

The other 3 times varied from 6 people to 30 people on the property that day.

Getting ready to book Nachi for April.

7 ships in port that day, including Allure OTS, Carnival Magic and the Epic.

Definitely want our 2 spots out of 100 nailed down with well over 20,000 passengers in port that day.

Bill

Who did you book Nachi through?

Archived