AquaDuck - Height Restictions

Willowmina

Sorry - I'm confused.... We are going on the Dream 11-1-13 - VERY excited!!! Can my daughters (ages 7 & 9) both 48" ride the aquaduck together??? Or do my husband and I need to go with them?

Thanks!

From the DCL website:

It was designed for adults and children at least 42" or taller. Single riders must be at least 54" or taller. Children under 7 must ride with someone 14 years of age or older, provided the child is at least 42" tall.

I interpret this to mean that your daughters can ride together. The criteria that fits your question is "Single riders must be at leat 54 inches" and "designed for ... children at least 42 inches".

:)

DD had to go with an adult. She's 47.5" and was 3 weeks shy of her 5th birthday. They measure them as you enter the stairs to get on and then put a paper bracelet on so they don't have to measure them every time. Depending on how old the girls look, you may have to go explain so they can ride together under the rules Shmoo posted.

You have to have been on the Dream or Fantasy to see how it operates as, even though there are rules they do change dependent on the weather, conditions and whose is in charge.

We had some windy days and on those days they were very strict, in fact it was no single riders, just re the overall weight of the raft, and limits on small light kids going by themselves. When the lines were long, and we saw it up to 60 minutes, then they do not allow single riders.

Personally if there that age I think it should be child at the front and adult at the back, I would suggest you start off with the first rides that way and see how it goes.

I have seen young kids ride together but it was on fine and sunny days without any wind.

It’s a nice ride, but I will inform you you cannot have anything with you bar your clothes, or prescription glasses, you cannot have sunglass, shoes must be taken off or sat on, you can’t have your room cards etc.

Tip go early, go late, ie if it has a late opening after pirates night, study the navigator for opening times.

scan0007.jpg

Smile at the photo being taken, end of the second drop,

Finally, unless you have been on the ships with Acquaduck, you cannot say how the rules are actually used in reality, as the website is a guideline.

Archived