transfers

cutiepiefred

if this was asked already im sorry, but I couldn't find the answer i was looking for. we need to book transfers from miami airport to the port and back. our return flight is at 11am boat docks at 7am.... Is it going to be more doable to make the flight if we book a private transfer or would we be ok to book directly thru ncl? we booked our cruise thru a TA, so i dont think we are even able to get ncl transfer? also what transfer service do you all recommend?

ok, ill have to look into a taxi..... Im more worried about getting to the airport on time after the cruise. last time we booked thru the cruiseline and had to wait til the shuttle was full before we could leave.... we dont have that option we need to be to the airport by no later then 10am

ok, ill have to look into a taxi..... Im more worried about getting to the airport on time after the cruise. last time we booked thru the cruiseline and had to wait til the shuttle was full before we could leave.... we dont have that option we need to be to the airport by no later then 10am

What time is your flight? If you walk off the ship WITH YOUR BAGS as soon as allowed, get through customs quickly, you can hit the curb and into a cab in time. Just hope there are no delays docking, clearing the ship, at the custom lines, traffic or airport security.

Taxi is still the way to go. No question. There will be plenty at the airport, and plenty at the cruise terminal when you get off the ship

What time is your flight? If you walk off the ship WITH YOUR BAGS as soon as allowed, get through customs quickly, you can hit the curb and into a cab in time. Just hope there are no delays docking, clearing the ship, at the custom lines, traffic or airport security.

Taxi is still the way to go. No question. There will be plenty at the airport, and plenty at the cruise terminal when you get off the ship

Our flight is at 11am.... We ended up booking a private shuttle thru the airport for 100 bucks round trip. I would rather have a piece of mind with something already booked and set up then to have to try and find transportation

Our flight is at 11am.... We ended up booking a private shuttle thru the airport for 100 bucks round trip. I would rather have a piece of mind with something already booked and set up then to have to try and find transportation

Not to add stress but my brother scheduled a shuttle and waited quite a long time for it. Good thing the flight was later in the afternoon. The nice thing about cabs is that there is a line of them waiting as soon as you get off the ship.

Also, somebody recently mentioned that it took them 90 minutes to get through security at MIA on a saturday morning. I would not count on 10am giving you enough time.

Not telling you what to do, but I would carry my bags off the ship at 7:30 (typical time), get through customs ASAP, and grab the first cab I see at the curb. Maybe you can get to the airport by 8:45 or 9:00 if all goes well.

With a cab you will have no problem unless you have a flight before 11:00 or so. If your flight is that early you are going to have issues no matter how you try to get to the airport.

Noticing that your flight is at 11:00 all I can say is good luck. You need to be at the airport at 9:00 at the latest (MIA is crazy busy on days that ships dock) , and even though the ship docks at 7:00 you may not be off before 9:30 or 10:00 depending on customs and other passengers.

This past Mar I was easily 90 min getting thru security at MIA. I travel for work going all over the world and this was the longest it has ever taken me to get past security.

With 10s of thousands getting off ships in MIA and FLL on a weekend day in season the morning airport crush has been and will continue to be ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Just remember that the time that debarkation begins has nothing to do with when the ship arrives in port. It has everything to do with customs. No clearance, no debarkation.

You will also need to carry your own bags, and be sure to have all declaration forms and passports ready for the agents.

Thanks everyone... Im just going to hope for the best and hope we make our flight... we plan to be off ship by 8. We had no other option for flights home that were not outrageous in price.

Have a "plan B"

Far too tight for comfort and too many variables. I don't see how an airport shuttle gives you any comfort or guarantees of anything. To give you an idea, transfers booked from NCL specifically states it's intended for flight departing after 1:30 pm. I'd take a cab or better yet take a later flight.

Agree with others MIA can be a zoo and there's a risk of the ship arriving late or a hold up by customs if the port is busy handling other ships, and you'll have to carry all luggage with you for "easy walk-off". Book a later flight or stay overnight would be cheaper than missing your flight.

Pay me now or pay me later...

Good Luck.

I know... I keep telling my hubby we needed to just wait and fly home Monday, but he continued to say we don't have that option as we would be losing more in pay then we would be saving to get a hotel. at that time flights were cheaper on Monday. so i listened and booked it for Sunday at 11am.... well all i can say is i won't listen to him yell and scream when we are out of our money when we miss our flight and have to pay to book a new one. that our plan "B"

Archived