Boarding with Scooter

fair-winds39

Apologies for posting a similar question again, but I noticed in another thread that I can't find, that some of the cruiselines allow folks with scooters to embark (during boarding) in an area other than having to use the ramp. I think it was on a lower deck without the ramp. In other words, you just scoot right onto the ship. Does anyone know if the Carnival Pride from Baltimore has that option? Thanks for any responses.

Apologies for posting a similar question again, but I noticed in another thread that I can't find, that some of the cruiselines allow folks with scooters to embark (during boarding) in an area other than having to use the ramp. I think it was on a lower deck without the ramp. In other words, you just scoot right onto the ship. Does anyone know if the Carnival Pride from Baltimore has that option? Thanks for any responses.

No, Carnival Pride does NOT offer this option. I just sailed her in February and I asked to board this way as I had done so in Baltimore on the Enchantment of the Seas the previous October. I was told they can't board on Pride this way. That said I'll be sailing on the Pride again in 38 days and using the gangway. :)

Oh no!

I had hoped that I wouldn't need to use the gangway. If it's too steep I guess I can step off and walk up with my cane in one hand, and between ship personnel and DH, they can flip the little knob in the back and walk the scooter up the rest of the way. This will be our second time on the Pride but I didn't need the scooter the last time. This is the first time using a scooter on a cruise. Should be interesting, to say the least. Thank you for the information and have fun on your next cruise on the Pride.

Oh no!

I had hoped that I wouldn't need to use the gangway. If it's too steep I guess I can step off and walk up with my cane in one hand, and between ship personnel and DH, they can flip the little knob in the back and walk the scooter up the rest of the way. This will be our second time on the Pride but I didn't need the scooter the last time. This is the first time using a scooter on a cruise. Should be interesting, to say the least. Thank you for the information and have fun on your next cruise on the Pride.

If your battery is fully charged,you will have no problems going up the gangway. We have gone up some pretty steep ramps and had no problem at all.Have a great cruise!!!!!!!

We boarded Carnival Pride in Dec 09 via a Deck 1 special "ramp". This was before the new embarkation ramp. When we boarded Enchantment of the Seas this year in May, we had the option of using the special ramp or the new one. This was after we were asked if we had a full charge on the battery. The wife had no problem with the new ramp, I got winded but she was fine.

While my husband hasn't had any problems scooting up the ramp, rather than making you walk and your spouse pushing the scooter, I'm pretty sure the cruise line staffers will be glad to push you in one of their wheelchairs up the ramp. Princess has done this for us before my husband was a scooter owner. He can walk a bit, but not all the way up that ramp. Don't start your vacation tired and winded walking up that ramp --- there is help available, use it and enjoy!

While my husband hasn't had any problems scooting up the ramp, rather than making you walk and your spouse pushing the scooter, I'm pretty sure the cruise line staffers will be glad to push you in one of their wheelchairs up the ramp. Princess has done this for us before my husband was a scooter owner. He can walk a bit, but not all the way up that ramp. Don't start your vacation tired and winded walking up that ramp --- there is help available, use it and enjoy!

Thanks for the info JasmineB.

Archived