What to do on Grand Turk stop?

granni10

Just back from Grand Turk last week and it was awesome. Since we missed our port-stop at Half Moon Cay due to weather, GT became our de-facto private island stop. :)

Snuba!!!

Snuba snuba snuba!!!

I opted to do the snuba excursion at St. Thomas USVI because it was significantly cheaper ($70 instead of $100) and had consistently higher ratings on Carnival's website, but having done it once, I really want to do it again! I just wish I'd brought my own snorkeling gear (I left it on the ship) because their fins kept needing tightenng and the snuba location was adjacent to Coki Beach. I could have been snorkeling for an hour there!

We are a family of 6. All 4 kids are between ages 10-12. Are any of the golf carts big enough for 6? And also I was told that there is a huge public pool in Grand Turk. Is this true? Thanks :)

Yep, it will be to the left after you exit the dock and DuFry's. It's big and, after the salt-water pools aboard ship, kinda nice to taste that good ol' chlorine. :)

Although the pool is part of Margaritaville, at the far end of the pool by the cabanas you can get away from the music and the swim-up bar if you don't want the kids too close to them. Seemed like the music was either Jimmy Buffet (who'd'a thunk it? :)) or rap and hip-hop. :eek:

I was on Grand Turk on Tuesday. Took a tour of the Island 2 hours for $25. including the light house. Then back to the beach to swim next to the ship.

Did you book this tour from the ship or find it on your own? We would like to see some of the island before going to the beach to relax and would like to find some kind of small, private tour. We don't want to rent a golf cart or jeep but would prefer to be driven around and told about the island.

Thanks, j

Snuba!!!

Snuba snuba snuba!!!

I did Snuba once in Cancun and I loved it! The fish and coral were plenty and colorful. I read a review on the Snuba excursion that Carnival offers and there was a comment that there were not many colorful fish. What was your experience like?

The wife and I did the dune buggy tour of Grand Turk. This is right up there with the segway tour of Nassau as my all-time favorite excursion. You go offroading out thru some dunes, head to the lighthouse and come back thru town. Besides almost t-boning the wild donkey doing about 40 mph in the dune buggy it was fantastic.

I did Snuba once in Cancun and I loved it! The fish and coral were plenty and colorful. I read a review on the Snuba excursion that Carnival offers and there was a comment that there were not many colorful fish. What was your experience like?

There are not a ton of fish, but we saw a LARGE manta ray, several Moray Eels, several smaller schools of fish, etc.

We usually don't take a ship sponsored excursion but we decided to take the snorkeling tour along the wall....and it was fantastic snorkeling off the boat....we went to two or three different snorkeling spots, and we had a great time. One of, if not the best day we had in a port on our Aruba cruise.

Who did you use for your excursion?

Anyone know how much it is usually to rent a vehicle on the island or if it's even worth it? I'd like to try and explore some less-touristy places when I sail there next week.

Nathan's charges $80.00 for the day for either a jeep or a golf cart. Just return it with a little gas in it. It seats 4, so 20 bucks a person and you're on your own island time! :D

There are not a ton of fish, but we saw a LARGE manta ray, several Moray Eels, several smaller schools of fish, etc.

What tour did you do to do the Snuba? Did you book through the cruise? I'd like to avoid that. We will be in port 7AM - 2PM. Do you think we would have extra time after the snuba to go to the beach? Thank you so much for your help.

What tour did you do to do the Snuba? Did you book through the cruise? I'd like to avoid that. We will be in port 7AM - 2PM. Do you think we would have extra time after the snuba to go to the beach? Thank you so much for your help.

The only SNUBA available is through the cruise ship, we had plenty of time afterward to hang out at the beach

Did you book this tour from the ship or find it on your own? We would like to see some of the island before going to the beach to relax and would like to find some kind of small, private tour. We don't want to rent a golf cart or jeep but would prefer to be driven around and told about the island.

Thanks, j

There is an island tram for $29 that is a HOHO.

I had a nice dive there:
and they do have a discover scuba group if you're not certified. Flowrider looks cool. Ironnically, I just found my $22 "Jack's Shack" cap :rolleyes:a couple hours ago.

Which dive company did you use? How did the dive rank with your previous experiences? Trying to decide if it is worth the risk of booking a dive on our own (we don't get into port until 1:00pm and leave at 7)

Archived