Diamond May 14-21

azjanes

Just have a few minutes to post.

Flew from Phx to Seattle Mat 13 on Alaska, a real mess they had fired all the baggage help and had to wait on and a half hours for the luggage.

Stayed over night at the down town Sheraton, $99 on Priceline.

Arrived at the pier about 10:45, very slow and disorganized embarkation. Boarded about 12:45, dropped the luggage and ate in the horizon buffet.

Juneau was beautiful did the Mendenhall glacier and wildlife quest booked thru Princess. The Glacier hasn't changed! Wildlife quest was great. Saw an Orca pod of about 14-17 whales, humpbacks and the sea lions that hang out on the buoy.

Skagway, did the morning train, was good, the weather the whole trip was wonderful, just a very few drizzles. Afternoon, the Afternoon Red Light Delight, sort of one of the lame tours.

Ketichan, the Misty Fjord explorer, saw Bald Eagles, porpoise, beautiful scenery.

Tracey Arm was iced in, turned around about 8 miles from the glacier. Lots of icebergs.

Late getting into Victoria, 9pm, all tours were cancelled except the horse drawn tour. Choppy seas,didn't make good time.

Debarkation was good, no waiting lines, thru customs in a few minutes.

Flew back on Alaska, 3 of the 4 pieces of luggage are lost, waiting for a phone call from them.

Dining room, in the dining rooms, no special menus only the traditional one in all. Heard the Sterling was going to a French theme decor, make a pay for Sterling in the back of the Horizon Buffet.

Service was great, ship attractive, room steward attentive, received egg crate mattress cover and down pillows with no problem.

Azjanes, gland you got back alright, just in time for that wonderful weather in Phoenix (110 degrees). Just to let you know you weren't the only one that had problems because of the luggage handlers in Seattle. There was a couple on your cruise that was supose to leave Long Beach last week at 6:30 PM and at 9:30 PM there was still no airplane. We figured they finally made the flight and we are waiting for their story to be told. We were wondering if they made the cruise with their luggage?

Glad to hear the weather wasn't really bad. Too bad you missed Victoria. I know a lady at work that sailed September 2004 and missed Victoria for the same reason. I hope it wasn't too rough. Let us know how long it takes for your luggage (dirty cloths) to arrive). Just to show my sense of humor we leave for Munich Germany this coming Saturday. Since we are flying Air France out of Atlanta I do hope the French Baggage Handlers do better than your experience. Tim

Sorry you missed Victoria.. was there anything to do in the port area? and the menu change is a disappointment but not going for the foods ::sigh:: well, maybe just a little bit?:o But the ports sounded great and I do hope your luggage turns up although better on the "coming back" leg if it has to happen...

Do you have a Patters for Sunday and Friday? If so does it say what times bars are open (Wake View, Wheelhouse, Crooners).. trying to find location for CC group even at 2:00 Friday and 11:00 Sunday a.m Thinking Wake View for Friday and Crooner's for Sunday a.m. since it's near other bars????

Or is Wheelhouse open? Thanks so much if you can answer this .. all the Patters I can find are from last year!! THANKS! :)

Caroline - we've often met with groups in the Wheelhouse during the afternoon. Sometimes there is a bartender on duty, other times it's been quiet but you could get in. You could always get drinks from Explorers next door, or if there is a large group, you can try to arrange to have bar service available. It's handy to get a list of cabin numbers so you can call and let people know of changes.

We bought coke cards, never had any trouble finding a bar to get a glass of diet coke, somethimes they even served REALLY big glasses.

The Patter for Sun. May15 lists

Welcome Aboard Cocktail Party 5;15-5:45 and 7:30-8pm in Crooners Bar, Atrium and Lobby Bar & Explorer's

Wheelhouse Bar 5:15 onwards Dancing, Crooners Lounge 9pm till late Adam James, playing your fav tunes. Club fusion 8:15 on.

Bar News and Info:

Cocktail of the Day Whale's Tail $3.25

Skywalkers"s Room with a Veiw Bloody Mary's & Screwdriver $3.00 8am-Noon

Fri. May 20: Cocktail of the Day $3.25 Princess Idol Colada and about the same times as every day for the intertainment in the bars. Seems to me the bars were open most of the time at least somewhere close.

We did get our luggage about 1pm today, they delivered.

Also found it strange, that in the Buffet they served the food to you, everything! After about 3 days they stopped and went back to serve yourself..

Caroline - we've often met with groups in the Wheelhouse during the afternoon. Sometimes there is a bartender on duty, other times it's been quiet but you could get in. You could always get drinks from Explorers next door, or if there is a large group, you can try to arrange to have bar service available. It's handy to get a list of cabin numbers so you can call and let people know of changes.

I have all the numbers.. got in touch with Princess today and onboard coordinator will set it all up!! They have changed the schedule some and the bars I had picked are being used but we will figure it out.. "have drink will travel"!! :) At least I'm not a TA anymore.. now that was complicated :rolleyes:

Archived