Costa Kids Clubs - age groups and potty training rules?

Seraphine

Hi all

We're sailing next Sunday on a Costa cruise for 12 days with our 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I'm wondering how the groups are divided - age-wise - and particularly if there are any allowances for potty training?

(our daughter is having problems in this area, and while I'm quite happy to come by every hour or so and take care of things if needed, I don't know whether she will be barred if she isn't potty trained?)

They've been in kids clubs before on other ships and it's worked out fine, but I'm wondering what to expect. If anyone has any recent experience with Costa with these ages, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thank you!

Usually, the cruiseline's own webpage has the children's club information:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/AboutCruising/family/family.htm

Clubs for your children are Mini, ages 3 (no diapers) - 6 and Maxi, ages 7-11.

The child is supposed to be potty trained, but I don't know what their "accident" policy is.

Yeah I'm taking DS on a Princess cruise I was wondering too about their accident policy but they really don't go into specifics on their website. He does really well at his land based daycare but he does have issues with #2 accidents still. I agree that if they page me I'd be happy to come and take care of it and return him once he's all cleaned and changed and whatnot.

Yeah I'm taking DS on a Princess cruise I was wondering too about their accident policy but they really don't go into specifics on their website. He does really well at his land based daycare but he does have issues with #2 accidents still. I agree that if they page me I'd be happy to come and take care of it and return him once he's all cleaned and changed and whatnot.

My daughter was on a Princess cruise this summer, and they didn't have any problem with her wearing diapers. I came to check on her every 2 hours, but if there was a "problem" I was paged to come change her before then.

I'm feeling really sick about all this - I feel like my 3 year old is running the family sometimes! I'm hoping I can ask if she can attend with her pull ups on in case of disaster, and I'll keep checking on her. I don't know if Costa uses pagers, but I'm having to throw myself on their mercy and hope she can participate.

Or is it a matter of just sending her in pullups and not saying anything? Better to ask forgiveness than permission? :(

• 1 month later...

Archived