Buy tickets before - or 'at the door'?

horsingaround

We are sailing on the Ecstasy on Oct. 27 and our first stop is Key West. DH and I have never been to KW before, and are looking forward to just walking around and taking in some of the historical sites. Our itinerary shows us in port from Noon until 8 on a Sunday. Not sure what sites are going to be open (still looking in to it). Ideally, we would like to visit the following (not necessarily in priority order)

* Hemingway house

* Key West Lighthouse

* Mel Fisher Maritime Museum

My question is - should I attempt to purchase tickets to any of these prior to our trip or should we just purchase them as we get there? Is there any advantage to doing a pre-purchase?

Thanks for any advice!

another reason to wait to buy is in case you miss that port. When we were on the ryndam in 2010 we had to bypass key west due to inability to dock there safely. went to cozumel instead

Thanks - good point! Sailing at the end of October, you never know what the weather will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Key west is pretty easy on foot - we've walked from dock to southernmost point doing the following:

1st stop - Harry S. Truman Little White House Museum - 111 Front Street

2nd stop - Key West Lighthouse & Keeper's Quarters Museum - 938 Whitehead Street.

3rd stop - southernmost point

4th stop - Hemingway House 907 Whitehead

5th stop - The Key Lime Shop, located at the corner of Greene Street & Elizabeth Street

Finished up at Mallory Square and browsed the shops stopped at a bar for some libation and back to the ship. I am sure you could insert the maritime museum into this plan - no need to pre purchase - its very casual and easy to get access.

Archived