Just booked AMA Blue Danube Discovery - August 2013

bobalink

From their website:

Transfer from Budapest Airport to Budapest City Centre at a fixed, all inclusive price. The default payment is in cash to the driver.

Private bus transfers from Budapest Airport to Budapest City Centre as well as bus hire for events, weddings and other functions can be arranged on request. The prices shown here are for a private transfer from Budapest Airport to Budapest City Centre. You will not be sharing the vehicle with other passengers and the cost is for the private hire of the vehicle and driver. We provide transfers with clean and comfortable, air conditioned, fully licensed and insured vehicles and professional drivers.

Fixed taxi fare from Budapest Airport to Budapest City Centre

28 Euros

• 8 months later...
"Double Savings on 2013 Danube River Cruises" with AMA Waterways.

We have been researching Danube River cruises for a few weeks. I was going to book the Romantic Danube on the AmaCerto, but I got a call from my travel agent on Friday. She told me that AMA was going to announce a promotion.

I received an email from AMA announcing the "Double Savings on 2013 Danube River Cruises" and decided to change my original plan and we booked the Blue Danube Discovery.

It is basically the same itinerary, just in reverse order. PLUS instead of a 12-day vacation, it is a 14-day tour AND we got an automatic upgrade. We will be on the AmaLyra.

I am now trying to decide if we will go with AMA for the Budapest and Prague extensions, or "do it ourselves". I think I will add some days on the front end to give us more time in Budapest. Also, will most likely add days on the end to give us extra time in Prague.

Would love to hear from others who have done this cruise who can offer helpful insights.

What day are you going? We are also booked on the Lyra in Aug. We booked the pre and post cruise through AMA. First time river cruisers but have been on several ocean cruises.

What day are you going? We are also booked on the Lyra in Aug. We booked the pre and post cruise through AMA. First time river cruisers but have been on several ocean cruises.

Hi skippy,

We are booked on the August 3 date - the cruise itself begins in Budapest on August 6.

For those who are doing the pre-cruise and booked directly with AMA, it starts on August 3.

When is your cruise?

Bobbie

Just completed the tour on the Rhine River from Basel to Amsterdam. We did four extra days prior to the cruise in Zurich and Lucerne. We booked through AMA and we are very glad we did as we were part of the group taking the cruise and had to opportunity to meet and bond with some of them. It made the entire trip more enjoyable. Just wanted to give another perspective.

Hope all of you have a marvelous trip, it sounds great. We are discussing doing that trip next year (with the friends we made on this trip!)

Hi skippy,

We are booked on the August 3 date - the cruise itself begins in Budapest on August 6.

For those who are doing the pre-cruise and booked directly with AMA, it starts on August 3.

When is your cruise?

Bobbie

Bobbie,

Our cruise on the AmaLyra leaves Budapest Aug. 20. Hopefully you can give us tips when you get back!

Cindy

Bobbie,

Our cruise on the AmaLyra leaves Budapest Aug. 20. Hopefully you can give us tips when you get back!

Cindy

I'll try to provide information here on CC when I return on August 18.

Have a great trip!

Bobbie,

Cindy

Hello Cindy,

We are the the Aug. 20th sailing, too. We are Tony & Anne, and this is our first river cruise. Are you arriving in Budapest early? We did not book the pre-trip with AMA, but

will arrive Aug 18th, and staying at the Sofitel, which I believe is the AMA designated hotel.

We have signed up for the guided bike tours, as we thought it would be a great way to see the area. You are the first person on this sailing, I have seen on the boards.

Anne

I have a private guide hired for a tour in Budapest, she emailed me yesterday and mentioned they have been having hot temps, 97 yesterday. I don't mind hot, but that's a bit excessive. Hope this heat wave passes before we get there.

Archived