Thoughts on Zadar, Croatia....

greg33418

We did the tour to the Waterfalls. It was rather a long drive...I think over an hour but the Falls were very pretty and lovely to walk through. There are boardwalks meandering in and out of the Falls. Not much to see on the drive over there though!

I've not been to Zadar before, but will fix that hole in my travel experience in just over two weeks through a visit on the Seabourn Quest. One place you might consider, which you can do before or after any kind of day tour is visit the Zadar Sea Organ, which I believe is located right where the ships dock. It was the first of its kind subsea musical organs, driven completely by the movement of the sea. As you walk along the pier, the sounds change from the perspective of where exactly you are and how the waves are moving, so it's always changing and always unique. The pipes are tuned to always harmonize with pleasing sounds.

So, whatever you decide to do, you might include this unique experience in your day. I will. I'll be doing some more research on other options and will post what I find out. When are you sailing?

tony

• 2 weeks later...

Archived