Question for Millie fans

Merrilymeggily

We'd like to book a cruise for a large family group, which will include adults in their 40s and teens ranging in age from 16-20 and a 4-year-old. We've been advised that RC Voyager or Navigator of the Seas is the way to go, but we love Celebrity (Century and Zenith veterans) and would really like to try Millennium. Can someone tell me if they think our group, especially the teens, would enjoy it? I know RC has rock climbing and ice skating, etc.

Well, there's no rock climbing wall or skating rink for the kids...but, it doesn't mean the kids can't have a good time...

Mine sure enjoyed the Summit...

But, my kids (girls, 18 and 20 as of that last Summit sailing) are happy hanging out at the pool, using the spa, sitting on their balcony, eating nice and going to shows, discos, karaoke, etc. They found plenty of activities to their liking.

If your planned cruise is to the Caribbean (I'm assuming this rather than the Med because of references to the Voyage and Navigator), the adventures will be on the islands (snorkeling, beaches, water sports) and the sea days may be more relaxing...

I think it works out fine...

RCCL may be more to the kids liking, but YOU are planning this cruise and YOUR desires are just as important as appeasing the kids...The kids will be okay with ANY cruise you take them on...

Your family will certainly enjoy the Millennium. It is an absolutely beautiful ship. My children are grown, but I have sailed on the Millennium and was informed by some teenagers, sharing our table, that there was enough to keep them busy and that they enjoyed all that was offered. If you desire a truly lovely experience, the Millennium will provide you exactly that!!

It does depend on the teen. My 15 year old son loves Celebrity. My 15 year old nephew does not. He'd rather be on NCL or RCCL.

So you have to decide what is best based on personal preference.

As for the adults, I really think they will love Millennium. There is nothing not to love about it.

Anne Maria

Archived