Review (long) Nieuw Amsterdam Collectors Voyage

All aboard??

:)We will be on our collector cruise 24 day on 7/26/2013 out of Barcelona to Venice. Did her first cruise in 2010 and loved it. We are fortunate to live in sunny San Diego where we live down by the cruise terminal and have done 7 Holland America cruises from Mexico, Hawaii, the Panama cruise, to Tahiti, and from their older ships to the Vista class we enjoy them. Done the Windstar twice in the Mediteranean loved it , but we come back to Holland. I am surprised about the food. First we are in our fifties, and love the Tamarind as well as the Silk den for drinks. Pinnicale Grill is wonderful, and we enjoy having dinner from the Manhatan Dinning brought to our room, and you can have what ever is on the menu. Especially eating out on the Balcony. I do agree the admirals wine package is great. As a 3 star you get 25% off on the package. The Three blind moose is one of our favorites from the navigation package. I also look forward to your continuation.:D:D

Just a heads up in Dubrovnik we took local transportation for very cheap to the exact same spot the shuttle bs took you

I exchanged $$$to kunas ...or something like that .The bus cost very little in comparison

We did not wait too long for it .i

T is in front of the port just outside the gates ..after the money exchange bureau . So no need for in comparison expensive shuttle....14$ return to maybe 2$ by local bus

On our way back needed to wait as long as shuttle people .there is a supermarket atthe port where i spent my. Last kunas ..not wanting more foreign currency . I only exchanged 50$ not wanting too many kunas , we did take a boat to see the harbour ...very nice ride ...different perspective of the wall .Next time this will be a beach day for us ...the water looked awesome .did find the hole where cliff divers do their thing

I liked Dubrovnik ..nice place

Michele

Great info! Loved Dubrovnik when we were there in 2006. At that time HAL tendered us in and we had a complimentary shuttle that took us to and from the Old Wall Town. Loved it!! I see now the new pier and the non complimentary shuttle. We will be there with Nieuw Amsterdam this July thanks for the info again. FYI: we enjoyed a great lunch just outside the Gated wall to the left near the ocean view look out point. Had believe it or not the best PIZZA!!!!! The beer was just okay!

Happy Cruising:):):)

Archived