Carnival Pride in Oct

Jennifer128

We're going in October as well.

I'm also interested in what past passengers have to say about the season. Looking at www.weather.com, I was able to get historical information on temperature and rainfall for Long Beach and the ports of call, and it all looks very favorable (low-mid 80's, low rainfall compared to other times during the year)! That said, hearing about an actual experience is invaluable to us yet to travel!

Hello Again! Our Sail Date Is October 9th. Last Year When We Sailed Out Of Miami A Couple Of Weeks Earlier (9-27) And Got Stuck In The Middle Of Hurricane Jean. Things Should Be A Little Calmer Out Of Long Beach. (that Is Our Hopes Anyways) The Temperatures Should Still Be Quite Warm. I Have Not Traveled To The Mexican Riviera , However I Have Worked On And Off In The Travel Field For Over 10 Years Now So I Have Some Knowledge Of The Areas. I Have Arranged A Couple Of Group Tours- In Mazatlan We Will Be Going To Stone Island Withe Lunch, Open Bar, And A Couple Of Activities To Enjoy. In Cabo We Will Be Taking A Boat Trip Along The Coast To See The Sights And Do A Little Snorkeling Along With Some Lunch And Beverages. I Am Still Working On Puerto Vallarta. :)

Here we go again! I've planned nearly my entire POA cruise based on your recommendations, and it looks like I'll be able to get some good Mexican Riviera info out of you, too...we're on the Pride in February!

In case you're wondering, no, I'm not stalking you...:D

We took a Mexican Riviera Cruise in late Oct 2002. Sailed out of San Diego where the weather was cool and windy for sail away on the lido. The next day at sea we had clouds and sun, but still windy. I tried to sit in the sun but covered up because I was cold. (I live in San Diego and am a wimp when it comes to weather - we are spoiled here - keep it between 70 and 80 please!) We toured in all three ports, and weather was warm, and the farther south you go it gets warmer and more humid. I would guess it was 85 in Matzatlan and Pto Vallarta. Hot but bearable. Sea days coming home: cloudy and cool again. It was very similar to the Caribbean weather we encountered Dec 2004, without the showers in ports.

Here we go again! I've planned nearly my entire POA cruise based on your recommendations, and it looks like I'll be able to get some good Mexican Riviera info out of you, too...we're on the Pride in February!

In case you're wondering, no, I'm not stalking you...:D

Hi Quincella!

I hope you have a great trip on POAloha. I know we did! What activities have you decided upon for that trip?

As for Pride, Bob7 has some great recommendations and wrote a great review of the ports, which is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=157890&highlight=bob7 (if you haven't already seen it). After how active we were on POAloha (and I wouldn't have changed a thing about that:D ), we're going for just total relaxation and laziness on our Pride cruise. I think the only "excursion" we're going to do is the Pirate Ship party boat in PV.

I hope you have a great time in Hawaii and post a review when you get back! I'll do the same when we return from our cruise on Pride.

BankofDad:

For the Aloha in October, here's what we have planned:

Oahu: Cabanas, Hawaii Shark Encounters, Pearl Harbor

Kauai: Zipline and River Kayak tour, Helo tour with Jack Harter

(we were going to do the Holoholo Napali coast tour, but are a tad

uncomfortable with the variability of the weather...)

Hilo: VNP and Rainbow Falls, on our own

Kona: Fair Winds snorkel excursion

Maui: Relaxation day at Ka'anapali Beach, Old Lahaina Luau, and Road to

Hana on our own

Thanks again for the great review and recommendations! I can't wait to read your Pride review, because we seem to have similar tastes in things to do. I would also like that trip to be very low-key, and my traveling companions (sister and niece) are right there with me. I'm thinking beach, cabana boys, massage, foo-foo drinks....you get the picture.. :D

BankofDad:

For the Aloha in October, here's what we have planned:

Oahu: Cabanas, Hawaii Shark Encounters, Pearl Harbor

Kauai: Zipline and River Kayak tour, Helo tour with Jack Harter

(we were going to do the Holoholo Napali coast tour, but are a tad

uncomfortable with the variability of the weather...)

Hilo: VNP and Rainbow Falls, on our own

Kona: Fair Winds snorkel excursion

Maui: Relaxation day at Ka'anapali Beach, Old Lahaina Luau, and Road to

Hana on our own

Thanks again for the great review and recommendations! I can't wait to read your Pride review, because we seem to have similar tastes in things to do. I would also like that trip to be very low-key, and my traveling companions (sister and niece) are right there with me. I'm thinking beach, cabana boys, massage, foo-foo drinks....you get the picture.. :D

Sounds like great fun! Have a wonderful trip! Seeing your schedule brings back a lot of excellent memories! I can't wait to go back to Hawaii. We're planning a land vacation (June 2006, with our kids this time) and just booked a beach house for a week in Kona on Kealakekua Bay (where Fairwinds goess), and another week on the North Shore of Oahu.

I can't wait to read your review!

Archived