ncl vs X

markf

Having cruised X, Princess, and now spending some cruises on NCL (just off Sky, Jan. Epic, Oct. Jade) I would echo the frequent comment that the lines are more similar than different. We really like X Solstice class ships particularly with C Class and Aqua Class but there is usually a significant price upgrade for these categories over a regular balcony on NCL or X. So for most cruises we let the $$ dictate what we do. We wanted a Carribbean getaway in Jan and the EPIC was the best balcony deal we found so we will go with it. X C class would have been about 800 more for one week and not worth it in our opinion. Last winter we cruised on Princess as that was the most attractive option. We will go on a holy land cruise next year on the Jade and a suite was a very good deal so we will try this. I don't think we will become converts to the suite life but we will see. We are definitely converts to balcony life. We hope to be frequent cruisers for the next decade(s) and figure we will eventually sample most ships and lines so haven't felt the need to pay a premium for any particular cruise. Changing up cruise lines lets us sample the best of each and they all have plusses and minuses (we are hoping to try HAL but hasn't worked out yet). JMHO

Having cruised X, Princess, and now spending some cruises on NCL (just off Sky, Jan. Epic, Oct. Jade) I would echo the frequent comment that the lines are more similar than different. We really like X Solstice class ships particularly with C Class and Aqua Class but there is usually a significant price upgrade for these categories over a regular balcony on NCL or X. So for most cruises we let the $$ dictate what we do. We wanted a Carribbean getaway in Jan and the EPIC was the best balcony deal we found so we will go with it. X C class would have been about 800 more for one week and not worth it in our opinion. Last winter we cruised on Princess as that was the most attractive option. We will go on a holy land cruise next year on the Jade and a suite was a very good deal so we will try this. I don't think we will become converts to the suite life but we will see. We are definitely converts to balcony life. We hope to be frequent cruisers for the next decade(s) and figure we will eventually sample most ships and lines so haven't felt the need to pay a premium for any particular cruise. Changing up cruise lines lets us sample the best of each and they all have plusses and minuses (we are hoping to try HAL but hasn't worked out yet). JMHO

U mean the not so holy lands. Funny how they call them the holy lands but they are the deadliest areas of the world.

U mean the not so holy lands. Funny how they call them the holy lands but they are the deadliest areas of the world.

I hear you but it is something we wanted to do and we had planned to go to Rome anyway next year. I have confidence that the cruise line will not put their passengers in harms way and honestly the pricing for these cruises is very attractive in part because of the 'uncertainty" factor I am sure. If the itinerary changes we won't be thrilled but I will be more understanding having paid less for this cruise than some other itineraries.

We will be seeing new things at any rate.

Archived