New Invoice: PRICED DROPPED. Tax reduction?

Hi all,

I received an email from RCI on Friday with an invoice. As I have already received my invoice and paid for my cruise in full I was especially curious. On page 4 'the money page' there is a change.

The is a new row 'TXAU-TAX REDUCT' and there is a -$55 (credit) applied to Guest 3 and Guest 4 (both children).

It now outlines the new total. But my problem is it says Total Charge and Total Paid are the same, when in fact they aren't. The total I paid was $110 MORE as per my original invoice.

As it is a Sunday here in Australia, I am unable to contact anyone from RCI so I thought I would throw out to the wonderful CC team to clarify for me.

I am particular interested to know:

A. If this has happened to anyone else, and

B. What TXAU-TAX REDUCT stands for.

Thanks in advance,

Nikki

Hi all,

I received an email from RCI on Friday with an invoice. As I have already received my invoice and paid for my cruise in full I was especially curious. On page 4 'the money page' there is a change.

The is a new row 'TXAU-TAX REDUCT' and there is a -$55 (credit) applied to Guest 3 and Guest 4 (both children).

It now outlines the new total. But my problem is it says Total Charge and Total Paid are the same, when in fact they aren't. The total I paid was $110 MORE as per my original invoice.

As it is a Sunday here in Australia, I am unable to contact anyone from RCI so I thought I would throw out to the wonderful CC team to clarify for me.

I am particular interested to know:

A. If this has happened to anyone else, and

B. What TXAU-TAX REDUCT stands for.

Thanks in advance,

Nikki

Sometimes the taxes go down, for whatever reason.

The numbers may be the same because they have already refunded to your credit card but you haven't seen it yet.

Ah thank you Merion_Mom,

It turns out when I rang them this morning they did say that they have refunded to my card. Only problem was they refunded to the card I made the deposit with back in January rather then the card I used recently to make the final payment. This is a little frustrating as we have since closed that original account. So I now have $110 floating around somewhere that no on really wants to be particularly helpful in assisting me to track it :-(

If you closed credit card is like the ones here in the United States that company should be mailing you a check. Especially since the account is now closed.

But just to be sure send them a letter, by mail, telling them that you will expect them to mail you a check as soon as they see activity back on your closed account.

Archived