help figuring something out

jlat

Next summer we are cruising to Alaska from Seattle. I wanted to spend the week before departure touring the area with the family (I used to work in Redmond) and are flying in. I've rented a townhouse in West Seattle near Alki Beach but my problem now is transportation. I'd like to rent a van or SUV (we have 3 teens), and can do so from SeaTac, but I can't find a place close to the boat terminal to drop the car off. I really don't want to go all the way back to SeaTac to turn in the car. I was hoping to drop the family and luggage at the terminal and drop of the car that the Marriott across the street. However, the Marriott (Hertz) at Pier 66 won't take a one-way return. Neither will anyone else that I can find. Enterprise will pick you up, but won't come get the car. Has anyone done this before? I can really rent from any car company so that doesn't really matter. Just looking for some suggestions.

--You could either drop everyone at the pier and return the car at the airport, taking a shuttle back to the pier.

Or you could take the train to Westlake Center and walk to the pier.

--How about going to the Marriott and doing a RT from there?

--There is a National in the Hilton on 6th.

you can rent a van from Enterprise which has an office close to the Westin and wouldn't be too far from the piers. Give them a call. Even if you went there to rent it would be easy on the light rail then go pick up the family.

You might also want to look at Seattle tripadvisor and look on top right for 'cruises from Seattle". I believe this yr Alamo and National had a kiosk at the piers for car rentals, however they brought you there in their van.

Thanks all,

Here's what I found out. I can rent a van from Alamo (National) at SeaTac and return it to the Hilton on 6th. Alamo has a shuttle that will take me to the pier. So we will come over from West Seattle, drop the family and bags at the Pier (wife is good at wrangling), I'll go over the Hilton and drop the car and either shuttle or cab back. Just wanted to close the loop unless anyone else might need to try this.

Thanks!

Archived