If Royal builds a third Oasis-class ship, where should it sail?

Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?

• Australia
    • Asia
    • Alaska
    • Transatlantic
    • Hawaii
    • South America
    • Mediterranean
    • Canary Islands
    • Somewhere else

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Royal doesn't own any land there. If Haiti had a strong desire they could have the cruise line out of there tomorrow. Its not in there interest to do so and it was in their interest to allow the pier. Grand Caymen has more of an economy and other options.

I believe you are correct in that Royal has a long term lease on Labadee.

If you compare on how it went with the Freedom Class, where they ended up having 4... now it looks like they will end up having 3.

Freedom class then had 1 going to EU part-time (hope I remember correctly).

Oasis - by design - needing a good climate, will not be able to go to Europe. I think that this would be something for one of the new Sunshine class ships to come.

Although I would love to see Asia, Australia, Hawaii ... I do think that we will be seing another Carib. route.

Which leaves the question where they would put the Freedom class ships to. Freedom class ships are not that much climate specific AND are not that much demanding on the ports due to their size ... those could be moved to EU or Asia etc. easier.

Plus I'm not sure if the market is ready yet for such destinations with such a big capacity each week.

Plus look at the prices on those other destinations. People are willing to pay higher prices and are used to smaller ships ... Asian and Australian destinations have more to see and do along the stop than in total a Carib route does. So Oasis, where you have plenty to see and do on the ship itself, is ideal for Carib.

So moving/shifting or selling the oldest/smallest ships and bringing in the new ones, would be logic to me.

Carib is the only destination I currently see as a mass market for a mass-market ship like an Oasis class ship.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Royal doesn't own any land there. If Haiti had a strong desire they could have the cruise line out of there tomorrow. Its not in there interest to do so and it was in their interest to allow the pier. Grand Caymen has more of an economy and other options.

Hi. I stand corrected on this. Even though the Labadee property is leased and it appears to be long term that probably made the decision to build the pier there easy and logical. Grand Cayman is a different story though.

Archived