If Royal builds a third Oasis-class ship, where should it sail?

Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Where should a third Oasis-class ship sail?

• Australia
    • Asia
    • Alaska
    • Transatlantic
    • Hawaii
    • South America
    • Mediterranean
    • Canary Islands
    • Somewhere else

I think the key issue here is the terminal. The terminal in Ft Lauderdale was specially desgned just for the class, if they go anywhere else it will need a new facility. THe only other option would be weekday sailings from FLL. Oasis class can be a destination to itself, not at all suited to the MED. If they do not do something else with central park, it needs to be in a warm climate. What we do not know is, what additional port options exist?

The new terminal that just opened in Pt. Canaveral was designed to handle an Oasis class ship.

My guess is the new ship will end up in FLL doing southern Caribbean 10/11-night itineraries. Oasis will go to Port Canaveral and take over Freedom's route, while Freedom will take over Monarch's 3/4-night Bahamas cruises (which by then would be sailed by Enchantment). Disney has had great success with sailing a large ship on short Bahamas cruises from Orlando, and I can see RCI wanting to get in on that.

Longer cruises out of Port Canaveral to the southern Caribbean! :D

I would love that! I was booked on the Carnival Breeze for that exact itinerary, but I cancelled and booked the Oasis instead. Who was I kidding?! I do love those ports, though!

I don't think they could do much longer than 7-8 night cruises because they only way these ships will sell out is with families (with kids etc) on board. Not many families can take 2 weeks vacation...

I voted for Australia.. solely because it would save me a few thousand $$'s in airfare :D Even though I know there is no chance it will come here.

I might check out the Voyager if it comes back to Aus in 2014!

I don't think they could do much longer than 7-8 night cruises because they only way these ships will sell out is with families (with kids etc) on board. Not many families can take 2 weeks vacation...

I voted for Australia.. solely because it would save me a few thousand $$'s in airfare :D Even though I know there is no chance it will come here.

I might check out the Voyager if it comes back to Aus in 2014!

I don't see RCI doing long itineraries either just for what you have mentioned. Also RCI is not currently doing a year round 10/11 night itinerary for a reason. There is not enough demand and there would never be enough to fill a 5400 passenger ship week in and week out.

Also Savannah Ga. Is talking about a cruise port! Maybe not for oasis but move one of the other ships in Florida to make room!!

I would REALLY like to see an RCI ship in Savannah! ANY RCI ship! Dont matter to me! :) 5 hour drive for me!

Given were a few years away from delivery it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to position it (or at least one of the triplets) in the Far East given the growth there

Personally I think southern Caribbean, via a longer itinerary, would be ace. Echoing what people say I don't think we'd see her doing more than 8 nights.

Not sure where it will be, but one thing I do feel is that it is not likely that all three Oasis class will remain in Florida year round. For those of us who fly in from afar, it makes less difference which Florida port it is, its still pretty much putting all their eggs in one basket. Having an opportunity to sail on this class from a different geographic area would be a big plus to many, whether it was a US port, or overseas, or possibly a seasonal split like many do with TAs across the pond. I'd sure consider an Oasis TA...

It would make much more sense to expand the big-boat market into other areas, rather than diluting the market they already have locked up at premium rates. With the public funds and incentives that would likely be thrown in, many ports could be adapted, or added to handle that class of ship, if an acceptible itinerary is available. Just look at all the rumors in this thread. Add Galveston to the rumor mix. I have heard rumblings about expansion there as well, but not sure if I give them any credibility.

I agree with this as well. However I think Oasis of the Seas will move to Port Canaveral to make room for New Oasis at FLL. There is plenty of time to update Terminal 10 and make it an exclusive Terminal for RCCL.

With Freedom going to NJ! That is exactly what I thought when I saw the poll.

It will be out of Port Canavaral .... the other ports in the world can't accommodate.....:D

Remember that those other ports -- and there are international ports like Singapore and Barcelona that *can* handle the size -- would have almost four years to prep.

Honestly....anywhere other than the six ports it currently goes to.

I agree! I am so tired of all the ports on the current itineraries (except Labadee).

I wish it could homeport out of NY, but it probably wouldn't fit under the bridge.

I understand that its more profitable to run these supercruisers but they are so large they scare me. The thought of being on a ship with 7K people is too much for me. How can you possibly avoid catching SOMETHING?????

Keep the ships under 3K. Oh, and make the ports a bit more interesting then Nassau.

Longer cruises out of Port Canaveral to the southern Caribbean! :D

I agree with this. It would be great to have 10 day cruises out of Florida into the Caribbean. I would rather spend the extra dollars traveling the distance on a cruise ship than giving it to the airlines and paying for a night in a hotel to reach the Southern Caribbean.

The cruise could alternate 10 day itinerary, 4 day, 14 day, 10 day, etc. Have the 10 /14 day cruises leaving on a Friday, which reduces the work days needed to be off to seven instead of 10 for the 10 day cruise.

I picked Hawaii, but in truth, running up and down the West Coast would be good combined with Hawaii. It would give the folks out that way an RCI ship again. Plus, she could easily home port in LA or San Diego for 14-15 night loops to Hawaii.

The Oasis class ships are a destination unto themselves. What a wonderful trip across the atlantic, with no ports or distractions. The problem with other locales is the depth of their ports, and the overwhelming effects of a good portion of the ship unloading into a port.

I voted for South America, but it would be better if the ship sailed South America during winter (it will be summer in the southern emisphere), and the Mediterranean during summer.

A single cruise ship would cover two different itinerary styles and would profit on both seasons. :D

I agree! I am so tired of all the ports on the current itineraries (except Labadee).

I wish it could homeport out of NY, but it probably wouldn't fit under the bridge.

And of course the cooler weather might wreak havoc on the plantings in Central Park. When we were on Celebrity Silhouette last February, most of the grass on The Lawn was covered in plastic to protect it from the snow and the cold but a good many sections of the grass still showed the effects of exposure to the elements. The many more open areas of the ship (Central Park and Boardwalk, especially would be pretty much off limits to most passengers for good portions of the cruise.

Archived