Golden or Grand

ugminer

Absolutely the Golden! They have a musical duo onboard who are absolutely wonderful, Leialoha and Dave - they go by Elua. The atmosphere onboard is really wonderful... Cannot say anything about the Grand, but the Golden has done this cruise extensively whereas the Grand has not.

Enjoy!

Absolutely the Golden! They have a musical duo onboard who are absolutely wonderful, Leialoha and Dave - they go by Elua. The atmosphere onboard is really wonderful... Cannot say anything about the Grand, but the Golden has done this cruise extensively whereas the Grand has not.

Enjoy!

Elua is on the Golden for the current season. Not sure they will be on the same ship the next season a year from now. When is the OP thinking of going?

Elua is on the Golden for the current season. Not sure they will be on the same ship the next season a year from now. When is the OP thinking of going?

Actually, from what I understand (and saw on Princess's website), this is the last season for the Golden to do the Hawaii cruise...:mad:

Elua, from what I understand, will be on the Star next season.

I thought enough of the Grand to sail on her twice. First time was in 2003 in a balcony room on Caribe deck. Last time was April of this year in a Vista Suite.

I missed Skywalkers. It was removed during the recent major refit. I would sneak up there during the day in 2003 and read. Very peaceful and a beautiful view. For that reason, I would choose the Golden. However, I usually just pick a date and find the most convenient ship.

I would choose whatever ship the Hawaiian couple called Elua are on. They developed the Hawaiian cultural program for the Princess line and are sailing on the Golden through the spring. They recently posted they do not have their assignment for next season yet, but they believe they will be assigned to the Star out of LA next season.

When choosing a mini suite remember all Dolphin deck minis have uncovered balconies and all Emerald deck minis have covered balconies. Choose your preference.

Archived