Gel Manicures on Crown?

HKM

I needed only a repair and enquired about it, I was quoted a price of around $50 (could have been $55). They would not just repair one nail.

At home I pay $35, so it did seem steep. I just filed that nail down and lived with it as I had just gotten my nails done a couple days prior. Don't know why I broke one, must have been handling luggage, they've never broken before.

I needed only a repair and enquired about it, I was quoted a price of around $50 (could have been $55). They would not just repair one nail.

At home I pay $35, so it did seem steep. I just filed that nail down and lived with it as I had just gotten my nails done a couple days prior. Don't know why I broke one, must have been handling luggage, they've never broken before.

I don't know why anybody uses the salon services aboard ship. They are way, way overpriced. :mad: Even the spa services are overpriced, but I can understand the extra relaxation. ;)

Doesn't that mystery nail break just bug you? It never seems to happen when there is nothing going on. :o

WOW on the ship $50-55 for a gel type manicure! I pay $25 and if I want french it costs $30. I guess I am really getting a great deal!

However, the spa on the ship does have a captive audience/clientele. I would do the gel/shellac only if I hadn't gotten it done prior to the cruise..and I won't let that happen.

I do take advantage of their spa specials...like a combo facial and min massage. It's one of my splurges when I cruise.

I know what you mean about the nail break. I had told my friend that I hadn't broken one since I started using the gel polish... next day broke one. I bought my own kit for around $75, and about $10-13 for the polishes. after 3 mani's that I have done myself (I am on 4 now) I paid it off! And I can do it at my own convenience!

I paid $25 just for the shellac polish on board. The manicure was not included. I think both were $50 ( I think). Dont go with the polish on, they said they would charge me $30 to take it off. Try and take it off yourself. When I got it done on the Golden, it was fine. When I had it done on the Crown, the polish kept bubbling and she tried 3 times to do it but it kept bubbling..she filed so many layers off my nails, I told her to stop and forget it. She then said, "I am going to get in trouble if I tell the manager that the passenger wasnt satisfied" and she was almost in tears. I told her to charge $20 to my account and let me leave b/c I was there for almost 2 hours so she wouldnt get in trouble. Good luck.

Archived