Carribean cruise MSC Lirica

turist

We will take cruise on MSC Lirica for 7 days from 01/31/13-02/06/13.

I wander if anybody took cruise on this ship from from Santo Domingo in general. Any recomendations? After we will finish cruise want to take tour of Santo Domingo but not sure if thereis such thing as bus tour or if MSC offer any such tour after cruise? How are restaurants on this ship?

Should we make reservation in advance to visit them?

MSC Lirica is a lovely ship with a cozy atmosphere and the ship is of a perfect size. As this is a fullboard cruise you will be assigned to either early or late seating in the main dining room of the ship. No need for reservation.

Take a virtual tour of MSC Lirica here:

http://mscpodcast-http.weebo.it/podcast/VirtualTourLirica/us_en/index.html

This is the first year that MSC is operating a Caribbean cruise out of non US ports for Europeans or other nationalities, so you won't beagle to find any information on here yet about disembarkation tours. I was booked to do the cruise 2 weeks before you starting at Martinique but had to cancel because I couldn't get the time off work. Interesting itinerary though and a nice small (by today's standards ) ship.

There are no speciality restaurants on this ship, so no reservations required, just 2 main dining rooms. You'll be assigned to one of them. They tend to put people who have booked higher category cabins in the smaller, nicer MDR on deck 6 and everyone else on deck 5.menus and galley are identical for both restaurants.

Thank you Norvegian cruiser and Amo Mondo.

This is going to be our first time with MSC. I really like that this ship will have stop everyday during trip and those islands seems like interesting places to visit. I already choose late seating because most of stops until late afternoon which ios another thing that I like. We can party late and sleep little longer in morning. So ship has only two dining rooms but I guess it is fine because we plan spent more time during everyday stops outside our ship anyway.

• 1 month later...

I HAVE SAILED ON THE lIRICA ABOUT 3 TIMES & REALLY ENJOYED IT, i ALSO DOCKED IN SANTO DOMINGO FOR A FULL DAY ON ANOTHER LINE & ENJOYED A FULL DAY OF TOURING, SANTO DOMING IS FAR FROM THE GREAT BEACH ESORTS SO A CITY TOUR WOULD IS BEST IF ONLY THEIR FOR 1 DAY & THE CRUIISE WILL BRING YOU TO MANY THER NICE BEACH ISLANDS. IF YOU CAAN ADD DAYS DO STAY & ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL BEAches, some of the best anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Yes definetelly will do Santo Domingo tour. Unfortuinatelly, so far unable to locate any tour company or individuals who run city tours from port or pick up there.

After cruise will stay for one more day near airport.

If anybody else take this cruise on MSC Lirica please contact us so we may be share transportation costs on islands and save some.))

Lirica is a lovely ship. We were surprized that her size was small but we didn't feel small at all. We had very good time when we were on her a few years ago. Food and service were surprisingly good...

Archived