Cayman Safari - Shirley

Iceberg2

Has anyone used Shirley - she is asking for $99 for 5.5 hrs including lunch,entrance fees to go to eastern end of the island,Pedro St James,The Botanic Park, Motts Beach Bar for lunch and possibility of the Blow holes or Beer Brewery -time permitting. Is this a fair price and would like comments on this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We used her services in March 2012 and it was one of the very best excursions in our 9 cruises we've taken!! Shirley had another group, so we got her partner. I cannot remember his name right now; although, I really should because he was awesome!!!!! He was there on time to pick us up, was incredibly knowledgeable about everything Caymanian, took us to the Botanical Gardens (beautiful with lots of cool, BIG iguanas!), San Pedro (very neat place!), the brewery (yum!), drinks on one of the most gorgeous beaches, and a fantastic, authentic Caymanian lunch. You really felt immersed in the Caymanian culture. We were just so happy at the end of our excursion....in fact....we are going back to the Cayman's on our summer cruise and I'm tempted to call them and see if we can do it again with a few different stops! DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK WITH THEM...it is so worth the price! :D

We used her services in March 2012 and it was one of the very best excursions in our 9 cruises we've taken!! Shirley had another group, so we got her partner. I cannot remember his name right now; although, I really should because he was awesome!!!!! He was there on time to pick us up, was incredibly knowledgeable about everything Caymanian, took us to the Botanical Gardens (beautiful with lots of cool, BIG iguanas!), San Pedro (very neat place!), the brewery (yum!), drinks on one of the most gorgeous beaches, and a fantastic, authentic Caymanian lunch. You really felt immersed in the Caymanian culture. We were just so happy at the end of our excursion....in fact....we are going back to the Cayman's on our summer cruise and I'm tempted to call them and see if we can do it again with a few different stops! DO NOT HESITATE TO BOOK WITH THEM...it is so worth the price! :D

We enjoyed a tour with her in Nov 2011 and visited the same places minus the stop at the beach (Rum Point). Due to some confusion over time zones and a couple who ended up being" no-shows" we were late leaving and didn't have enough time for the beach stop- it was one of the places I was looking forward to and whilst it was not exactly Shirley's fault it was disappointing. Since it is a tender port and time is very important be sure to double check meeting times - we had told Shirley our ship was on Central time but somehow confusion still happened and although we got the earliest tender she claimed we were late but we still waited for the other couple, who never came. The rest of the tour was very good. We stopped for lunch at Miss Vivine's but I think she has changed that venue now, or maybe stops at different places on different days.

• 3 weeks later...
Where can you find info on her services?

This may be too late, but we used the services of Cayman Safari (This is where Shirley works). We did not get to use Shirley, but Mike was our guide. We went to the Queen Elizabeth Botanic park, San Pedro, and Vivienne's for lunch, and a few other things. Worth the $99/pp. However, make sure they understand that your ship DOES NOT run on local time, so allow for that, and for the tender process. So if you arrive at 9am, it is actually 10am local time. I was hesitant to give them my CC info over the phone, but it worked out just fine. We took our tour in late November 2012.

We are considering booking this for our May cruise on the Carnival Freedom....does the price include lunch? Was it a problem since the cruise ship may not be there at the 8:30 - 8:45 meeting time in the mornings.

Shirley and Cayman Safari are the best! We loved this tour and would not hesitate to go again. Shirley's family has been in Cayman forever, I think she might know everyone on this island. Ask her about Ivan and how the island was and how it has changed.

Shirley knew every iguana and every plant at the Botanical gardens. We went in early December and went to Vivines Kitchen for lunch. Shirley called ahead and lunch was waiting for us. We stopped at Morritts on the east end and got a drink, that was our only extra cost. Shirley even had a cooler of water for us, we did give her a small cash tip as we thought she was fantastic.

I would highly recommend this trip and Shirley. It was so worth the cost. We had a personal tour of Pedro St. James and the Botanical Gardens. We only had 7 people on our tour. It was so much nicer than the big tour groups. We really felt that we learned more about the island and more about Cayman than anything else we did.

After reading all the positive reviews I booked us with Cayman Safari's ...they were quick to reply to my emails and then I talked with them on the phone this afternoon. I am really excited and hope that when we are cruising the weather is good and we don't have to miss the port!

I'm glad, I think you will really enjoy this tour. Definitely a different side of the island than the usual tourist stops (which are great too). And I can't say enough about Shirley. If you have any souvenirs you want to buy, ask Shirley she might have a suggestion for you. And I did not think she got any kickbacks if you are worried. I just think she knows the best places.

• 1 month later...

Just asked about tours for our stop on June 12th in GC. Shirley was QUICK to respond and explain both tours. One is 75.00 which is 3.5 hrs and the other is 99.00 which is 5.5 hrs & includes lunch and blow holes. I'm thinking the 5.5 hr one would be nicer and we'd see more spots. She explains it takes you to the "East side" which is what we also want.

Tripadvisor has great reviews and I think it's worth it. Who has taken her tour recently and can review?

We went in December and I left my photo review on trip advisor, which can be found here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147366-d1605339-r148401602-Cayman_Safari_Adventures-George_Town_Grand_Cayman_Cayman_Islands.html#REVIEWS

She was awesome, by the way!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. We are doing this tour in June :)

Archived